Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@Uwe - thanks for the video confirmation of what we experience.. 3% lost mail is acceptable? Just more of the nonsense of these times.. Vote in person. Ain't going to be any more risky than going to the grocery store.

Reactions: Uwe

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
I wouldn't trust ANY mainstream media. NONE.

Since this is your bar FUCK the MSM!!!!!!!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I wouldn't trust ANY mainstream media. NONE.
Well, when you have the MSM pointing out the incompetence of the USPS when it comes to delivering the mail, I'm not inclined to disbelieve them. There's a reason why RT prices USPS shipping the same as FedEx ground: We do not wish to encourage our customers to select it because it's cheaper. Cost-wise, it is cheaper, but cheaper also comes with a substantially higher loss rate.

Of course the video doesn't address any of the potential for outright cheating with vote-by-mail. Just one example: How many dead people, or old folks who've retired to FL are still on the voter rolls and would receive ballots if elections were held strictly by mail? What prevents whoever is living at that address from filling in those ballots?

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I'm old enough to remember this:

vJPd2D1.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Well, when you have the MSM pointing out the incompetence of the USPS when it comes to delivering the mail, I'm not inclined to disbelieve them. There's a reason why RT prices USPS shipping the same as FedEx ground: We do not wish to encourage our customers to select it because it's cheaper. Cost-wise, it is cheaper, but cheaper also comes with a substantially higher loss rate.

Of course the video doesn't address any of the potential for outright cheating with vote-by-mail. Just one example: How many dead people, or old folks who've retired to FL are still on the voter rolls and would receive ballots if elections were held strictly by mail? What prevents whoever is living at that address from filling in those ballots?

-Uwe-

Yeah more often than not when we have an issue with shipping, it's the post office...

Let's just assume it is 3% voter disenfranchisement. That'd have been 4 Million votes not counted in 2016 (130 Million votes total)

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Has anyone heard of such a thing?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...r-covid-19-concerns/ar-BB17s9i4?ocid=msedgdhp

Typically the challenger tries to get the incumbent to agree to more debates, not to get out of debating at all. Put both men in hazmat suits inside plexiglas boxes if you need to.

Trump seems to have a great talent for not answering the questions/points directly but instead diverting the debate onto points he wants to make forcibly enough for the hosts and audience to forget that he never answered the questions.

In this he seems even more skilled than the incumbents of the "Washington swamp".

On that basis I can understand Biden being advised not to debate with Trump.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Trump seems to have a great talent for not answering the questions/points directly but instead diverting the debate onto points he wants to make forcibly enough for the hosts and audience to forget that he never answered the questions.

In this he seems even more skilled than the incumbents of the "Washington swamp".

Dave: Isn't the issue about whether to debate, or not a simple Machiavellian question about which of the candidates is leading the polls - and therefore who is likely to benefit?

Don

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Dave: Isn't the issue about whether to debate, or not a simple Machiavellian question about which of the candidates is leading the polls - and therefore who is likely to benefit?
I don't think it's as simple as who is leading in the polls at the moment, but additionally what the pollsters "guess" the movement in the polls could be and how that might be affected by a debate?

If someone trailing in the polls believes they are a "good persuader (read good at bullsh*t) then they would want to debate in the hope of improving their ratings, which would be the opposite of what the current leader in the polls would wish.

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524

Your first point is not incorrect. However Joe is being advised to debate Trump because it'd likely show off his dementia setting in.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Your first point is not incorrect. However Joe is being advised to debate Trump because it'd likely show off his dementia setting in.

Mike: Since when was having dementia a dis-qualifier for the status of POTUS?

I recall a fellow Trump Republican (who defeated the then incumbent president, Jimmy Carter) allegedly having dementia during his reign. Of course nothing became official until well after he left the White-house - but the stories of Nancy being the de-facto ruler of America during the latter years can't be ignored (IMO).

Trump was actually older than said ex POTUS when he won his first presidential election. And Trump was given a clean bill of cognitive health a couple of years ago by a physician who had tested him for cognitive impairment. So armed with this advice, I assume that American voters clearly have no concerns regarding Trump's mental fitness - maybe ? ;)

BUT- ultimately it doesn't matter what Whitehous doctors say; it's POTUS's performance that is most telling. I happen to be of an age where I remember Regan's curious memory lapses and his repeated bouts of confusion in public (particularly his absolutely appalling testimony during the Iran-Contra inquiry) - which were the genesis for speculation that he was undergoing a gradual mental decline. I also recall the rebuttals from Reagan’s doctors who said much the same thing as Trump's physicians.

Given Trump's apparent inability for retaining detail, his now legendary and bizarre one-liners (like ingestion/injecting disinfectants for COVID) and his constant confusion that anyone who disagrees with his views has a personal vendetta against him, I reckon that the jury is out on his mental state- maybe?

Now, it also maybe that Biden is similarly afflicted and he may well not be the brightest penny in the purse. The November elections might be a contest where voters are faced with the daunting prospect of choosing the least mentally impaired candidate- maybe?

Don

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
She sat on Willy's staff.

Brown gave Harris expensive favors, such as a BMW 7 Series and job promotions within the city government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back