Retrofit trailer hitch for Tiguan MK2 (5N) MY2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

michal

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I tried find help anywhere on websites, but without any success this is why, I decided to write a message here.

Last week, I retrofitted eletrical trailer hitch in my Tiguan.

Everything went fine, except the fact if button for swivelling doesn't work at all - don't have a illumination and not working too.

I have double check all connection and wire harness, together with VW eletrical diagrams - everything was fine & and all cables are ok.

Then, I check all the coding and looks also correctly...

Unfortunately, button still doesn't work and even test doesn't realease hitch (showing off module error).

I tried to code module J345 (69) with several codes - the same effect - not success.

Could you help me to share proper coding of trailer module or try to give some ideas, how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance & looking for reply!

Below codes from car:

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Need a complete autoscan from the car please.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

tims944

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=546961
Hey guys so i recently did this also,
i followed most of Uwe tips and coding for most parameters but wanted to get a confirmation if i missed anything as i never found new coding for groupe 09, 42, and 52? i think from memory. i had an old outdated no longer supported hex. so i bought and received a new hex v2 today and am setting it up.
wondering if you can chime in and provide accurate codes so i can cross refference.

we have a 2018 trendline(baseline) 2.0t 4motion.

oem 1-1/4 hitch with proper vw trailer module etc.
thanks!

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
i had an old outdated no longer supported hex. so i bought and received a new hex v2 today and am setting it up.
That sounds good; I sure hope you purchased a genuine interface.

The forum will want to see a complete Auto-Scan in order to assist you with the coding as it is much more detailed that general model year and platform type.

By the way, this post is here in the area where clone (unacceptable) versions of VCDS reside..... so, I would get verified with your new purchase and request the Administrator to move your post(s) to the correct category.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

tims944

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=546961
ah, yes i bought from roseland tech, have registered product online and added info to my account here.
do i just wait for it to be approved/verified?
im not used to ross-tech, being a porsche guy.
appreciate the help\\will upload an auto scan this evening once the car is back home.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back