General Corona Virus Discussion

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm sorry, but no... The "theory" that there's a relationship between viruses and radio waves is absurd. I would appreciate it if you guys would not post such nonsense here.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Vitamin C
NEEDS TO BE HIGHER DOSE!
Yeah, that makes some sense. Most mammals can produce it themselves; humans are one of the few that can't. Those that do have that ability will dramatically increase its production in response to any inflammatory stress.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah, that makes some sense. Most mammals can produce it themselves; humans are one of the few that can't. Those that do have that ability will dramatically increase its production in response to any inflammatory stress.

-Uwe-

Lets look at things outside the box okay? .......... :p

I have recently in last 3 years started a regime & can say I believe it works.

As of last week I asked someone else what would it hurt to AMP up @ 2500 4 times a day total 10K MG a day and in literally 1 week started seeing "actual" progress go figure, I'm just a dumb asshole right?

I believe progress will be slow but I can hear it and if it's a placebo than so be it, right?

Linus Pauling was no idiot!

Did you take C Niacin D3 K and Salt and limit water and eat one time a day or very small spaced meals at less than 250 calories and if under weight eat more?

I happen to have a year of reserves according to the Nazis. :D

Don't you think if further fasting if a fat slob you will see benefits, however, if diabetic sugars must be observed?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ed-results-for-a-test-of-vitamin-c-for-sepsis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5996765/

Think about it, they tell you to drink a ton of water and limit salt & so you piss out every mineral you need and most now drink bottled water that is filtered and minerals by osmosis remediation etc.?

Are not the first thing they give you in most meds are salt and an IV with saline for alleged dehydration, now if you had dysentery, that would be different story because you lose it as fast as it comes in and hence eat salt, right?

Just a guy asking questions?????????

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Lets look at things outside the box okay? .......... :p
Can we stick to the topic of this thread please?

I think there's a good possibility that IV-C may be useful in the treatment of Wuhanic Plague.

Most people will not tolerate 10 grams of oral Vitamin C per day unless their body is already already at war with something. It's well understood that Vitamin C bowel tolerance increases when a person's body is under the stress of fighting some kind of infection.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
In the UK the annual MOT test for vehicles over 3 years old has been extended for 6 months due to Covid-19

From 30 March 2020, MOT due dates for cars, motorcycles and light vans will be extended by 6 months. This is being done to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

For full details see:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...s-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

So I expect we'll be seeing more queries of the type "My car is saying I need a service but I can't get it serviced as the garages/dealers are closed so I can I stop my car telling me I need a service?"

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So I expect we'll be seeing more queries of the type "My car is saying I need a service but I can't get it serviced as the garages/dealers are closed so I can I stop my car telling me I need a service?"
Are the car repair facilities in the UK shut down?

In the US, vehicle maintenance and repair facilities, as well as their suppliers, are considered "essential" businesses and are not shut down anywhere that I know of. As we are a supplier to that industry, Ross-Tech is also fits the category of "essential".

Of course, as already mentioned in this thread, we have done everything humanly possible to prevent spread in our operation, with almost everyone working from home, and only one person in the office most of the time.

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Auto-Shops are indeed essential but I can tell you traffic in shops are way down here in NY and parts supply houses are also very slow when talking to parts managers in dealers.

DMV registrations and drivers licences non driver ID or vehicle SMOG/SAFETY inspections have been extended during this emergency without a penalty.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-202-declaring-disaster-emergency-state-new-york

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/EO_202.pdf

Does this mean that vehicles can be driven on public highways without a registration or insurance, it seems so, no?

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Are the car repair facilities in the UK shut down?
The UK Government emergency powers say that only car showrooms need to shut down, but most dealers have decided to close their entire operations including workshops.

There are some independent repair facilities closing because of either fears about it being impractical to maintain the 2m (6.5 ft) spacing between people, and some because their staff have gone into self isolation - so servicing in some areas has become either difficult or impossible.

Hence, the 6 month MOT extension and my thought that many owners will want/have to delay servicing and seek to delay the "nag message" for 6 months.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks for clarifying, Dave.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So this is pretty interesting.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...e-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

So who is Neil Ferguson?

He's the British epidemiologist who predicted over 2 million Americans and 500k Brits would die from coronavirus using his previous model, which went viral, and was a major influence on the UK's decision to lock down. But now he's predicting, "UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower."

What's not clear tome is exactly why he's changed his estimate by a factor of 25.

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
So this is pretty interesting.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...e-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

So who is Neil Ferguson?

He's the British epidemiologist who predicted over 2 million Americans and 500k Brits would die from coronavirus using his previous model, which went viral, and was a major influence on the UK's decision to lock down. But now he's predicting, "UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower."

What's not clear tome is exactly why he's changed his estimate by a factor of 25.

-Uwe-
Possibly because the early model shows the catastrophic effect of doing nothing, and following the advice of subject matter experts on how to avoid most of the catastrophe, combined with seeing what happened in China, they are avoiding most of the catastrophe. As the article you linked to outlines.

If you're looking for mountains of actual data: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=covid-19+dashboard&t=hb&ia=news

Let's make it a little personal: https://covidactnow.org/state/FL

If you're looking for subtle-as-a-sledgehammer transparent dog-whistling: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wuhanic+plague&t=hb&ia=web
(oh look, Free Republic on the frontpage of results, color me shocked)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Possibly because the early model shows the catastrophic effect of doing nothing, and following the advice of subject matter experts on how to avoid most of the catastrophe, combined with seeing what happened in China, they are avoiding most of the catastrophe. As the article you linked to outlines.
In order for this to work, you'd have to lock the entire world down long enough to eliminate every last reservoir of this virus, or lock down a country or region long enough to eliminate every last reservoir within, and seal its borders. If you don't, the moment you remove the restrictions, it comes right back and starts spreading again, and all you've done is to delay it.

Unless of course there are other factors at play that the western world doesn't understand yet. Why hasn't the spread resumed in China? They're open for business again. It is simply not plausible that they've eliminated all reservoirs there. OK, data out of China must be taken with a lot of salt. How about South Korea? They seem to have gotten things under control with minimal disruption. How is that possible? Ditto for several other countries in Asia that had cases earlier than we did.

Let's make it a little personal: https://covidactnow.org/state/FL
That's a cool, but extremely simplistic model that's based on some very questionable assumptions, many of which are based on the Imperial College paper that I referenced above; the one that previously predicted 500k deaths in the UK.

This model uses a CFR of 1.1%, which is not unreasonable based on the currently reported/confirmed cases. However we know for a fact that a considerable percentage of cases are completely asymptomatic, or have very mild symptoms, and thus are not included in the denominator of that calculation. But let's ignore that for the moment. The model also assumes an additional 1.0% CFR if hospitals are overloaded. This implies you can cut the total number of deaths by approximately half if you slow things down enough that everyone gets treated. It does not come anywhere close to explaining Dr. Ferguson's factor of 25 reduction in the the total number of deaths.

Do you know what might explain it? This Oxford paper. Based on its modelling, a whole lot of people have already had the WuFlu, but had such mild (or even totally asymptomatic) cases of it that they were never reported, and they now have some level of immunity. Now I doubt it's really 50%, but even if it's only 5%, that means there simply aren't very many doublings left before herd immunity is reached and this thing peters out. This would also explain what we're seeing in Asia.

If you're looking for subtle-as-a-sledgehammer transparent dog-whistling: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wuhanic+plague&t=hb&ia=web
Since when have you known me to be subtle? ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Since when have you known me to be subtle?

-Uwe-

This is reasonable and maybe accurate, however, I have witnessed very tactful behavior!

:rolleyes:

It does not come anywhere close to explaining Dr. Ferguson's factor of 25 reduction in the the total number of deaths.

Possibly Persuaded?

Example.
A salted metal barrel was installed in someone's orifice you choose to taste\feel it?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This is reasonable and maybe accurate, however, I have witnessed very tactful behavior!
Tactful and subtle are not synonymous. ;)

Watch this, and listen carefully:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4864096/dr-deborah-birx-modeling

Birx was a doomer until today.

Selected quotes:

"In the models, either you have to have a large group of people who are asymptomatic, who've never presented for any test, in order to have the kind of numbers that were predicted..."

"So either, we're only measuring the tip of the iceberg of the symptomatic cases, and underneath it are a large group of people [...] or we have the transmission completely wrong, because..."

"The predictions of the models don't match the realities on the ground in either China, South Korea, or Italy."

Alternate, somewhat more complete video link:
https://youtu.be/q4o7nryuJao?t=6166

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Tactful and subtle are not synonymous

I thought it was huh but I'm no literary genius either?

subtle

Search Modes
Search Results
DICTIONARY
tactful×
tact·ful
/ˈtak(t)fəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: tactful
having or showing tact.
"they need a tactful word of advice"
Similar:
considerate
sensitive
understanding
thoughtful
delicate
diplomatic
discreet
discerning
judicious
politic
perceptive
subtle
careful
courteous
cordial
polite
decorous
seemly
respectful
savvy
mannerly
Opposite:
tactless
indiscreet
gauche
Translate tactful to
Use over time for: tactful

From Oxford

When was the last time a government official didn't equivocate or speak in disingenuous words?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
As of 24 March 2020, world wide: Confirmed cases=528,025, Deaths= 23,672 -> Ratio~4.5% -which is about the same as it has been throughout the course of the pandemic since it was an isolated "Wuhanic Plague"

However, in among the statistics - there is Germany! Confirmed cases=50,852, Deaths=342 -> Ratio~0.7%!!! Absolutely remarkable!!

We all joke about the discipline and eye-for-detail of German culture - but the Germans appear to be doing something right. If only other countries (Australia included) could do the same!

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:
Back