Dreaded P0441 Evap Code

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Yes I will do that. I did read a post about this code where lines were crossed. I'm wondering if that could be it but since the code didn't show up for quite a while after I owned the car and didn't have any work do r I would have thought I would have seen the code sooner

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Not if I can get the answer for free

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
DTMFS? ??????

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Hence the reason I post in the forum. Otherwise what's the point? No rules against asking questions is there?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I understand making do things themselves. But if it wasnt an arm and a leg to just looking at something that should be free I would have read the this stupid manual a long time ago. It's not going to give me picture of what my car looks like and the location of each part will it? That's what I am looking for.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I understand making do things themselves. But if it wasnt an arm and a leg to just looking at something that should be free I would have read the this stupid manual a long time ago. It's not going to give me picture of what my car looks like and the location of each part will it? That's what I am looking for.

Why are you fighting yourself & walking in a circle asking questions you know are bullshit speculative?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
It's snowing for Halloween so I don't think I'll be working much on the car till spring anyhow. Maybe Santa will bring me the FB

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well when you are ready to engage the process properly I'd be happy to help with more questions for free................. Happy Snowy Halloween!

0c03d528486c2ec3ace2b097df29c21e.jpg

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Well when you are ready to engage the process properly I'd be happy to help with more questions for free................. Happy Snowy Halloween!

0c03d528486c2ec3ace2b097df29c21e.jpg

I will get the book. Thanks for the help . Love that picture lmao

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
I will get the book. Thanks for the help . Love that picture lmao

Hey Jack does the book discuss multiple random misfires? I was good but now I'm getting random misfires again and especially bad when it's a cold start. Don't think an evap leak would cause all that

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
If a vacuum leaks was present or permitting raw fuel through EVAP circuit couldn't it?

Yes the RTFB covers random cylinder misfire codes but does the JPPSG now does it not?

Are you going to stop screwing around & buy the RTFB already?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
If a vacuum leaks was present or permitting raw fuel through EVAP circuit couldn't it?

Yes the RTFB covers random cylinder misfire codes but does the JPPSG now does it not?

Are you going to stop screwing around & buy the RTFB already?

so what do I even purchase> there is quite few things on there. And how many pages is it typically? do in have to print everything or just save? how long doers this take? sorry just trying to find out when I can fit this in.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
so what do I even purchase> there is quite few things on there. And how many pages is it typically? do in have to print everything or just save? how long doers this take? sorry just trying to find out when I can fit this in.

Someone said theres was 9000 pages long and a lot didn't pertain to their particular vehicle do I want to know what I can expect

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Read through stuff and download printing to PDF as required.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099

Got the manual. So far nothing to help out much with the evap code other than it could need a software update which I would probably have to.bring in anyhow. But the misfiring is now the biggest concern as it appears worse now. I had a misfit tissue on cylinder 5 a couple years ago. Replaced the ignition coil and spark plugs and ran seaform through and it cleared up for a.couple of years. Now I am getting random misfired on all the cylinder s. I replaced.the maf sensor based on that when I had disconnected I would get no misfires. The minute I would hook it up misfires.would occur. After replacing the maf it got a little better although it would still misfire at idle.after.cold starter. Then on Friday is misfired out of control while I was driving. One.of.the cylinders misfired over 300 times on the highway and shook all over the place. I let it sit over the weekend and tried it at idle yesterday and again random misfires in all cylinders. Could.it be a head gasket and is it.time to junk it? I doubt all of the ignition coils.would all fail at once? Also there doesn't appear to be any vacuum leaks anymore.

Back