Update issues

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
Have a annoying issue with my Hex-Net cable haven't been able to update the firmware on my cable since I've brought it(July-August). The firmware update utility would take forever to run 5+ minutes to prompt the configure wifi window and it would never go into infrastructure mode. I've tried multiple computers (Own a IT business) the process is simple. So i stayed with the early beta versions just to be able to use some simple functions, but as I see the release avaliable i updated and tried USB update and i get Error code 1 the device reboots itself and hangs for 5 minutes or so with a blinking number 1 LED green.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Hello Donte,

Can you give us some more details about the versions you're currently running? Specifically CB, FW, DS/DP and the Version Number of the Config Utility? Also, which version(s) of Windows are you using?

Reactions: Uwe

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
Hello Donte,

Can you give us some more details about the versions you're currently running? Specifically CB, FW, DS/DP and the Version Number of the Config Utility? Also, which version(s) of Windows are you using?

Tryed windows 8.1 to windows xp pro and now I'm on newest release just updated last night 14.10.0. I don't know my current fw verison atm I'm at work I'll find out later.

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
hello donte,

can you give us some more details about the versions you're currently running? Specifically cb, fw, ds/dp and the version number of the config utility? Also, which version(s) of windows are you using?

cb: 0.0
fw: 0.0
cfb: 0.0
bl: 0.0
ds: 00000000

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thats not normal. What LEDs are lit on the HEX-NET?

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
thats not normal. What LEDs are lit on the HEX-NET?
Finally hard reset it the 10th time 50 second button hold and i get this.
CB: 0.4112
FW: 0.187
CFB: 0.8
BL: 0.24
DS: 00000000

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, now grab the latest Configuration utility, plug it into a computer that's on-line and try updating it please. Look here.

-Uwe-

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
OK, now grab the latest Configuration utility, plug it into a computer that's on-line and try updating it please. Look here.

-Uwe-

Found the latest version at thee end of that thread testing everything out a much smoother UI.

Last edited:

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977

-Uwe-

Trying for ruffly a hour now won't hold infrastructure settings once again tried 10+ times. And the device still crashed USB update mode every time which results in zeros for all the device information and a hard reset Error code -1 I have 2 networks in my house by the way one is a Netgear router other is a Verizon combo router modem two different services. Wpa/wpa2 passkeys.

448d173518c4116a0d7c19ccd771ca4d.png

Newest Error code

fb25bc35f15dfd0ac3d48be5a092b66f.png

The screen shots won't be the best QHD screen on my main computer.

Last edited:

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like something is confused with that HEX-NET. We are sending out a replacement along with a prepaid return label. You should see the replacement in the next day or so.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
The screen shots won't be the best QHD screen on my main computer.
Boy, it does look like the Java config utility has a rough time with Windows 8.1 DPI scaling. I recently played with VCDS Desktop on a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro with a scaled QHD panel and I was pleasantly surprised to find it worked perfectly... even some modern Microsoft software has trouble with DPI scaling. However, I didn't try the HN config utility at the time.

That is probably more of a Java/Swing issue than a Ross-Tech issue... not exactly sure what can be done about it.

Jason

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
We have a Yoga 2 here at the office. I'll take a look at the upscaling settings and report it to Shaun.
Cool, the Yoga 2 Pro and Yoga 3 Pro should behave identically. I picked up a 2 for my daughter in the fall when I sent her off to college, and just got a 3 for the wife. For me, you know what they say, the shoemaker's kids go shoeless... still rocking this 5 year old garbage HP. Still trying to decide whether I want to pull the trigger on another 3 or wait a bit longer.

Jason

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
Cool, the Yoga 2 Pro and Yoga 3 Pro should behave identically. I picked up a 2 for my daughter in the fall when I sent her off to college, and just got a 3 for the wife. For me, you know what they say, the shoemaker's kids go shoeless... still rocking this 5 year old garbage HP. Still trying to decide whether I want to pull the trigger on another 3 or wait a bit longer.

Jason

Thought i posted a reply earlier no idea what happened to it. But the yoga line up are very well designed and have plenty of processing speed, ram, batter powery, and storage space since the future is aiming towards cloud based storage. Only thing i normally have scaling issue in are IDEs for programming besides visual studio 2015 which i tend to stay away from anyways my primary language is java.

ParadoxDonte

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223977
Looks like something is confused with that HEX-NET. We are sending out a replacement along with a prepaid return label. You should see the replacement in the next day or so.

Thanks a lot got here in one day, I'll send my old one out monday excited to finally be able to utilize this dongle.

Edit: Dongle works flawless now, when i used my old dongle the first light never blinked or changed color solid green. Hope i didn't brick it even though i only ever used it plugged up a handful of times thanks again guys.

Last edited:
Back