VCDS Serial number
C?ID=335683

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I rather doubt that it's possible to change that. Heck, none of the cars we've looked at will even divulge their actual Adblue level. We're starting to think the level sensor is some kind of digital thing, with no more than 2 or 3 level "steps" (other than empty).

-Uwe-

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Scan --> https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...daptation-FAIL&p=128278&viewfull=1#post128278
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (04L 906 056 KN)

IDE03142 Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency 5808.580 km
IDE10249 Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value 84 mm

For the level sensor I have recorded all the discrete values from 130 mm down to 80 mm on this van (to be precise, I didn't catch value of 108 mm). On another similar type of van (Engine (04L 906 056 KF)) with more kilometers on - again all the discrete values further down to 58 mm with remaining kilometers about 2800 km at refill then.

However, during extremely cold periods (below -20C (when AdBlue is definitely frozen)) the sensors (of both vans) often seem to throw a value of 0 mm. In spite of that the remaining distance counter has not changed noticeably - I'd say rather just slowed down counting down.

The level value seems to fluctuate by few mm's up/down between recordings - so to me it looks like a regular/old type of sensor readings affected just by inclination, temperature etc.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
As you already mentioned, AdBlue freezes below 11 °C but at the same time the system does compensate for that by heating the tank/filler during a regular drive cycle. The measurements will also be taken while driving and in addition the efficiency is monitored as well. The warning levels are set and cannot be changed, sadly that has become a nuisance with the most recent ECM software updates which resulted in better Euro 6 compliance while at the same time almost doubling the AdBlue throughput/usage. My T6 used to get around 9000 km with one filling and now I am below 5000 km with one filling.

Personally I have not had much trouble finding AdBlue in Scandinavia - there's also a nice app which lists plenty of places with actual pumps as well as canisters to refill.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.integerresearch.FindAdBlueApp

Also Bosch has a pretty nice website which also has a lot of stations etc. covered.

https://www.findadblue.com/en/bosch/

Fun fact, here in Germany the VW dealers will refill your AdBlue for free a hand full of times once you had that most recent updated applied.

VWT6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295527
Thanks. Yes indeed the system tries to warm up the AdBlue at cold temperatures. However, I’m afraid that’s not very successful in my case. Anyways, the main thing is that the freezing won’t cause any undesired side effects.

Thanks for the information about the effects of the recent T6 ECU update. I think yours must be a class M1 vehicle (passenger carrier) as my understanding is that class N1 (as mine) will get the update sometime later.

Since AdBlue fill-up I have driven 10500 km and still have 5500 km to go – so at this rate it’s just about once a year event to fill-up the AdBlue. But to achieve that I just need to stay away from motorways and stick at 80-90km/h. However, what I have observed the AdBlue consumption has a strong dependency on engine loading.

Any other observations about the T6 update?

RGM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345866
Adblue is not easily available where I'm living and It's very annoying. Every time you start the car a warning appears.

Don't know if its like that in Australia, but in North America with the exception of Mexico, DEF fluid is available in Auto Parts stores as well as most truck stops have it. Maybe you are hung up on the name "Adblue", but DEF is the same thing!
If you did not get any warning you would eventually reach a point where the car will NOT start unless the DEF tank is refilled immediately !

Back