2013 Q7 Low headlight default position

Greg5OH

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112138
2013 Prestige. At low speeds, under 65mph the headlights are pointed far too low, I am overdriving them at about 40 mph already. Over 70 they flick up to a higher position and it is fine then. I live on rural highways with no streetlights, quite dangerous to be driving on low beams. There is enough traffic that you cant use high beams. Is there a setting in VCDS where I can keep the "70 mph" lights on all the time?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Assuming this car...

I don't see anything obvious in the Headlight Range module that would control this behavior.

-Uwe-

Greg5OH

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112138
Hi Uwe, yes that is the vehicle in question. Strange..as it definitely flicks to a "high speed" beam which is still lower than actual high beams

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
There are some adjustment screws attached to the headlights where the range should be changeable. Or isn't it?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi Uwe, yes that is the vehicle in question. Strange..as it definitely flicks to a "high speed" beam which is still lower than actual high beams
Hmm, I've got/had quite a few cars with xenons and AFS, and I've never seen/heard of such a thing.

-Uwe-

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Hmm, I've got/had quite a few cars with xenons and AFS, and I've never seen/heard of such a thing.

-Uwe-

He is talking about highway lights, where the low beams get raised a bit (to max legal level) above certain (highway) speeds.

@ OP;

If they’re too low, have a workshop redo the light adjustment (using a very common beam adjustment helping tool) This is usually what happens when the lights arent put in service mode when manually adjusting. In practice they will always be adjusted lower by the headlight range controller, except in the above case. If they are adjusted without putting the lights in service mode, they will be too low.

Last edited:
Back