Torsion Value on Advanced Measuring Values

stue81

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298429
Hi,

can i access Torsion Value via the Advanced Measuring Values as im running on a UDS protocol and 08 is not enabled.

Thanks

Stu

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Without knowing what car you have and what modules are fitted it would be a complete guess to answer your question - so please post a full Auto-Scan.

BTW multiple posting isn't a good idea as it splits replies and usually gets very confusing.

stue81

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298429
Hi, It was just a general query if it was possible to see the value is in advanced as i come across some PD and CR vehicles that don't access 08 and the ability to check timing.
I reposed the thread but cant find away to delete on of them as I believe it was in the wrong section.

Stu

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Hi, It was just a general query if it was possible to see the value is in advanced as i come across some PD and CR vehicles that don't access 08 and the ability to check timing.
General answers don't tend to be possible as it tends to vary depending on engine ECU hardware and firmware - maybe someone will post to say there is a common answer in this case?

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
General answers don't tend to be possible as it tends to vary depending on engine ECU hardware and firmware - maybe someone will post to say there is a common answer in this case?
When it comes to Advanced Measuring Values, I don't think a "common answer" is possible.

In pre-UDS modles, Advanced Measuring Values only exist if there's a label file for the module in question, and whether a specific data item is available via Advanced Measuring Values depends on the content of that label file.

In UDS modules (which the OP seems to indicate he's got in this case) Advanced Measuring Values depend the ASAM data available from VWAG.

Are there PD engines that use UDS? I don't recall seeing any that do. My impression is that PD was replaced by CR before UDS was implemented, but of course, we only get a small subset of VAG engines here in NAR...

Is "torsion value" even a thing on CR engines? PD injectors are actuated by the camshafts, but CR injectors are not...

-Uwe-

Back