VCDS and ODIS ?

Mar4ix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81710
Just wonder would be possible use my VCDS as interface (VAS 5055) for ODIS ? I am rambling in audi erwin site, downloading some manuals, have no specific task to use ODIS , but just for future reference, just in case it would need in future.

Also for my car Audi A3 (8P1) 2008 , BKD engine, 6 speed manual gearbox, looking to install USB interface, what i need for it ? also would it need to flash concert II audio system ?

Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
No. The VCDS interfaces do not have the ability to support ODIS. You would need a J2534 cable and you need to purchase their license to use their software.

VCDS does not "flash" modules. VCDS can only "Code" modules.

The 2008 Audi A3 is supported by all of our present interface devices.

Mar4ix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81710
Thanks for your replay.

I have original Tactrix dongle, bought for toyota diagnostics. I think it is J2534. Would it work with ODIS ?

Thanks

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
I have original Tactrix dongle, bought for toyota diagnostics. I think it is J2534. Would it work with ODIS ?

If it's a J2534 cable then yes, it should work with ODIS. It's possible that you may experience a few oddities but the only one way to find out for sure is just to try it out and see.

Mar4ix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81710
when wondering around internet, found that Nefmoto software using vcds cable to flash ecu, so cable have capabilities flash ecu ? not sure they are using original cables tho.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
when wondering around internet, found that Nefmoto software using vcds cable to flash ecu, so cable have capabilities flash ecu ? not sure they are using original cables tho.
Cables are not where most of the magic for diagnostics or flashing happens. In principle, if a cable allows a computer to communicate with the ECU, then it could be used for flashing, with appropriate software...

-Uwe-

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

- Just in case you missed it ;) - here is the link to the erWin Audi web site for the System requirements

And here are the Audi Importer details for Ireland:
(I would contact them and ask what equipment you can use.)

Ireland
Homepage: http://www.audi.ie
Email of the importer: UMB@VWGI.IE
Phone number for technical queries: +353 1 8989700

For those who were wondering or may have not seen this, we have the erWin website links on the Ross-Tech wiki page linked below,

Official Factory Repair Information

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Back