Re-Progam Climate Panel

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Hi,

First time post, I've bought a VCDS from GenDan, I'm in the UK and I have a 2013 VW CC, in GT spec form. The car left the factory with a heated front screen fitted, however during it's life before my ownership the the climate panel was replaced with an incorrect one.

It's been fitted with a panel from a VW Sharan, this has the "Rest" button, in place of the heated front screen. This means I cannot activate the heated front screen....

The warranty people won't touch it as the car does not have a 'fault' with a component, and I'm out of the warranty period from the car seller. Plus it was never actually listed as having it fitted, I could just tell looking at the screen.

So down to my question, with VCDS, can I re-program the "Rest" button, to instead trigger the heated front screen? - Is this possible in adaptations?

Thanks

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi tunnie,

I suspect you have not registered your purchase with us yet for technical support. Please see this thread for additional information.

I do not believe that will be possible ... but the Auto-Scan from this vehicle couldn't hurt.

Reactions: Uwe

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Hi tunnie,

I suspect you have not registered your purchase with us yet for technical support. Please see this thread for additional information.

I do not believe that will be possible ... but the Auto-Scan from this vehicle couldn't hurt.

Thanks, just seen the steps. Will register it tomorrow. :)

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Thanks, just seen the steps. Will register it tomorrow. :)

Just sent all my details via the form :)

Is it best to wait until it's verified, I can then put a new thread in tweaks?

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Also, I've been chatting with a VW Tech, he suggested I may be able to re-program the whole climate control unit, to the right type for my car?

He said the 'Rest' button is activated via CANBUS, it's not a direct switch to the heated screen. So I should be able to adapt it to turn on my heated screen instead, or re-program the entire climate module?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just sent all my details via the form :)
You don't like making things easy for us do you? You registered your system using a different e-mail address than the one you used when you signed up for the forum. :rolleyes:

Is it best to wait until it's verified, I can then put a new thread in tweaks?
You're Verified now. I'll move this thread.

-Uwe-

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
First time post, I've bought a VCDS from GenDan, I'm in the UK and I have a 2013 VW CC, in GT spec form. The car left the factory with a heated front screen fitted, however during it's life before my ownership the the climate panel was replaced with an incorrect one.

It's been fitted with a panel from a VW Sharan, this has the "Rest" button, in place of the heated front screen. This means I cannot activate the heated front screen....

The warranty people won't touch it as the car does not have a 'fault' with a component, and I'm out of the warranty period from the car seller. Plus it was never actually listed as having it fitted, I could just tell looking at the screen.

So down to my question, with VCDS, can I re-program the "Rest" button, to instead trigger the heated front screen? - Is this possible in adaptations?

Also, I've been chatting with a VW Tech, he suggested I may be able to re-program the whole climate control unit, to the right type for my car?

He said the 'Rest' button is activated via CANBUS, it's not a direct switch to the heated screen. So I should be able to adapt it to turn on my heated screen instead, or re-program the entire climate module?

Thanks

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Digging into HVAC, I can see it's from a Sharan...

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
Part No SW: 7N0 907 044 R HW: 7N0 907 044 R
Component: Clima-Sharan H02 0506
Revision: 00001K02
Coding: 0710004548
Shop #: WSC 00020 999 12345
ASAM Dataset: EV_ClimatronicSharan A01005
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoSharaBasis.rod
VCID: 3F8CC320A652CEB9D0-806A

Slave 1:

4 Faults Found:
9475605 - Position Sensor for Rear Temperature Flap Motor
B1096 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 63
Mileage: 131090 km
Date: 2017.03.24
Time: 16:46:34

9472277 - Temperature Sensor for Rear Vent
B1089 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 62
Time: 16:46:35

9478929 - Diagnostic Line for Rear Air Blower
B10A3 11 [009] - Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 71
Time: 16:48:36

9480753 - Control/Display Unit for Rear Climatronic
B10AA 31 [009] - No Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 62
Time: 16:46:34

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
You don't like making things easy for us do you? You registered your system using a different e-mail address than the one you used when you signed up for the forum. :rolleyes:

You're Verified now. I'll move this thread.

-Uwe-

Ooops, Sorry about that! I tend to use one for forums and one for proper things when I registering stuff. Did not realise they would be linked.

Thanks for sorting/moving :thumbs:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I do not see anything coding or adaptation related that may change the function of that button. I was hoping to spot something like the good old Mk6 #16 module trick where you could make the phone button activate PTT versus mute but it doesn't appear to be possible. I think you'll need a 08 module with the proper button.

Thinking outside the box here, I would check the wiring diagrams for this car to see how 09 receives the heated front windscreen signal. If that comes over the databus from #08 it would be a lost cause but if #09 has an actual input terminal you may be able to wire a momentary switch for that function.

Reactions: Uwe

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
Just buy the right panel for the job, or, run a wire from the rear defrost output on the cecm to the trigger wire output from the cecm for the front screen, and the one button will do both screens. Thats how i wired my heated front screen up when i retrofitted it.

This is assuming that your car actually came with a heated screen from factory, and that a heated screen wasnt fitted as an incorrect replacement?

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Thanks for the replies and thanks to Dana for digging deeper into what can or can't be done.

Yes I can confirm the car left the factory with heated front screen, this was one of my thoughts it was incorrectly fitted. But VW confirmed via the VIN/Plate that it did have it factory fitted, shame I can't manually tweak that button given it's CAN-BUS.

Not too keen on doing wiring up job, so just going to keep an eye out on eBay for correct climate module for my car. As it looks very easy to remove.

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
Post a picture of your existing panel and i'l see if i can find a replacement for you

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Hi, Sorry for the long delay in getting back on this. Few events here have been keeping me mega busy!

I'll get a photo tomorrow. But quick question, will a Passat B8 Climate Panel fit my 2013 VW CC (i.e. Passat B7?)

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
This is my current unit:

dash1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Guess no one knows if it will fit then?

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Re-code Climate Module

Hi,

So I've posted about this before, but long story short my 2013 VW CC has the wrong climate panel fitted, it's from a VW Sharan. Impact for me is that it does not have the heated windscreen button, yet I've confirmed with VW UK that my car left the factory with heated screen.

I've sourced a new climate module, which took some doing! Very few have heated windscreen button it appears, but found one which matches mine along with heated seats.

The replacement comes from a MK7 Golf, now the unit currently fitted to mine does throw errors as it's not the right one. However function wise within the car there is no issue, other than I've noticed the central air vents don't appear to work. (no air comes out!)

Is there a guide any to re-code the climate unit to be CC? Is it straight forward from option list or is it something more involved?

Thanks

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
*sorry wrong section, should be in tweaks?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No, since you're since you're intending to install a part that isn't the "correct" one for your car, it should be in Retrofits. I'll move it there for you now.

-Uwe-

tunnie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285625
Anything more on this? I received the new unit in the post this week, could anyone direct me to some details on how I can recode from Golf to CC?

Back