Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Progam Climate Panel

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy the right panel for the job, or, run a wire from the rear defrost output on the cecm to the trigger wire output from the cecm for the front screen, and the one button will do both screens. Thats how i wired my heated front screen up when i retrofitted it.

This is assuming that your car actually came with a heated screen from factory, and that a heated screen wasnt fitted as an incorrect replacement?

2. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies and thanks to Dana for digging deeper into what can or can't be done.

Yes I can confirm the car left the factory with heated front screen, this was one of my thoughts it was incorrectly fitted. But VW confirmed via the VIN/Plate that it did have it factory fitted, shame I can't manually tweak that button given it's CAN-BUS.

Not too keen on doing wiring up job, so just going to keep an eye out on eBay for correct climate module for my car. As it looks very easy to remove.

4. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post a picture of your existing panel and i'l see if i can find a replacement for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Sorry for the long delay in getting back on this. Few events here have been keeping me mega busy!

I'll get a photo tomorrow. But quick question, will a Passat B8 Climate Panel fit my 2013 VW CC (i.e. Passat B7?)

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my current unit:

Last edited by Uwe; 05-10-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Put image in-line

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess no one knows if it will fit then?

Post Thanks / Like

Re-code Climate Module

Hi,

So I've posted about this before, but long story short my 2013 VW CC has the wrong climate panel fitted, it's from a VW Sharan. Impact for me is that it does not have the heated windscreen button, yet I've confirmed with VW UK that my car left the factory with heated screen.

I've sourced a new climate module, which took some doing! Very few have heated windscreen button it appears, but found one which matches mine along with heated seats.

The replacement comes from a MK7 Golf, now the unit currently fitted to mine does throw errors as it's not the right one. However function wise within the car there is no issue, other than I've noticed the central air vents don't appear to work. (no air comes out!)

Is there a guide any to re-code the climate unit to be CC? Is it straight forward from option list or is it something more involved?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    *sorry wrong section, should be in tweaks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, since you're since you're intending to install a part that isn't the "correct" one for your car, it should be in Retrofits. I'll move it there for you now.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything more on this? I received the new unit in the post this week, could anyone direct me to some details on how I can recode from Golf to CC?