Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Progam Climate Panel

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-Progam Climate Panel

Hi,

First time post, I've bought a VCDS from GenDan, I'm in the UK and I have a 2013 VW CC, in GT spec form. The car left the factory with a heated front screen fitted, however during it's life before my ownership the the climate panel was replaced with an incorrect one.

It's been fitted with a panel from a VW Sharan, this has the "Rest" button, in place of the heated front screen. This means I cannot activate the heated front screen....

The warranty people won't touch it as the car does not have a 'fault' with a component, and I'm out of the warranty period from the car seller. Plus it was never actually listed as having it fitted, I could just tell looking at the screen.

So down to my question, with VCDS, can I re-program the "Rest" button, to instead trigger the heated front screen? - Is this possible in adaptations?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tunnie,

I suspect you have not registered your purchase with us yet for technical support. Please see this thread for additional information.

I do not believe that will be possible ... but the Auto-Scan from this vehicle couldn't hurt.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi tunnie,

I suspect you have not registered your purchase with us yet for technical support. Please see this thread for additional information.

I do not believe that will be possible ... but the Auto-Scan from this vehicle couldn't hurt.
    Thanks, just seen the steps. Will register it tomorrow.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnie View Post
    Thanks, just seen the steps. Will register it tomorrow.
    Just sent all my details via the form

Is it best to wait until it's verified, I can then put a new thread in tweaks?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I've been chatting with a VW Tech, he suggested I may be able to re-program the whole climate control unit, to the right type for my car?

He said the 'Rest' button is activated via CANBUS, it's not a direct switch to the heated screen. So I should be able to adapt it to turn on my heated screen instead, or re-program the entire climate module?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just sent all my details via the form
    You don't like making things easy for us do you? You registered your system using a different e-mail address than the one you used when you signed up for the forum.

Is it best to wait until it's verified, I can then put a new thread in tweaks?
    You're Verified now. I'll move this thread.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-Progam Climate Panel

First time post, I've bought a VCDS from GenDan, I'm in the UK and I have a 2013 VW CC, in GT spec form. The car left the factory with a heated front screen fitted, however during it's life before my ownership the the climate panel was replaced with an incorrect one.

It's been fitted with a panel from a VW Sharan, this has the "Rest" button, in place of the heated front screen. This means I cannot activate the heated front screen....

The warranty people won't touch it as the car does not have a 'fault' with a component, and I'm out of the warranty period from the car seller. Plus it was never actually listed as having it fitted, I could just tell looking at the screen.

So down to my question, with VCDS, can I re-program the "Rest" button, to instead trigger the heated front screen? - Is this possible in adaptations?

Also, I've been chatting with a VW Tech, he suggested I may be able to re-program the whole climate control unit, to the right type for my car?

He said the 'Rest' button is activated via CANBUS, it's not a direct switch to the heated screen. So I should be able to adapt it to turn on my heated screen instead, or re-program the entire climate module?

Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digging into HVAC, I can see it's from a Sharan...

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
    Part No SW: 7N0 907 044 R HW: 7N0 907 044 R
    Component: Clima-Sharan H02 0506
    Revision: 00001K02
    Coding: 0710004548
    Shop #: WSC 00020 999 12345
    ASAM Dataset: EV_ClimatronicSharan A01005
    ROD: EV_ClimaAutoSharaBasis.rod
    VCID: 3F8CC320A652CEB9D0-806A

Slave 1:

4 Faults Found:
    9475605 - Position Sensor for Rear Temperature Flap Motor
    B1096 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
    Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 2
    Reset counter: 63
    Mileage: 131090 km
    Date: 2017.03.24
    Time: 16:46:34

9472277 - Temperature Sensor for Rear Vent
    B1089 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 62
    Time: 16:46:35

9478929 - Diagnostic Line for Rear Air Blower
    B10A3 11 [009] - Short to Ground
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 254
    Reset counter: 71
    Time: 16:48:36

9480753 - Control/Display Unit for Rear Climatronic
    B10AA 31 [009] - No Signal
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 62
    Time: 16:46:34

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    You don't like making things easy for us do you? You registered your system using a different e-mail address than the one you used when you signed up for the forum.

You're Verified now. I'll move this thread.

-Uwe-
    Ooops, Sorry about that! I tend to use one for forums and one for proper things when I registering stuff. Did not realise they would be linked.

Thanks for sorting/moving

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see anything coding or adaptation related that may change the function of that button. I was hoping to spot something like the good old Mk6 #16 module trick where you could make the phone button activate PTT versus mute but it doesn't appear to be possible. I think you'll need a 08 module with the proper button.

Thinking outside the box here, I would check the wiring diagrams for this car to see how 09 receives the heated front windscreen signal. If that comes over the databus from #08 it would be a lost cause but if #09 has an actual input terminal you may be able to wire a momentary switch for that function.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post