2017 Audi Q7 Dyanmic Taillights (Euro Sequence)

Vak331

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=110434
I have been a VCDS user for quite some time. Originally purchased the HEX-USB+CAN interface in June of 2010 (web order no. 20088713). Without you and VWVortex I could not have done most retrofits years ago. Since then I have mainly used it for reading error codes and minor adaptations on my Audis.

I am considering purchasing the new HEX-NET interface since I have a 2017 Audi Q7 Prestige on order (ETA end of May).

One of my first retrofits will be dynamic taillights (euro spec). Hence, I have been closely following this thread from AudiWorld:

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/blackline-taillight-us-2914430/

In the first post (steps 2 & 3) the user mentions having to change a ZDC file in order to upload the European ECE taillight sequence. He uses VCP in order to do it. This appears to change things in module 46.

The file change/adaptation? is required for proper function. (It prevents the top red brake light from flashing with the amber signal)

Can this required change be done utilizing the new HEX-NET interface? Will you support this retrofit? I have asked on the AudiWorld forum but most people have no idea.

Thank you for your assistance.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Take a look at our FAQ section, particularly 1.12 Can I use VCDS to "Flash" the chip in my ECU?, this should help as I think the device you are talking about is "Flash" programing a vehicle control module.

- If there is a coding/adaptation change, then VCDS can perform those functions.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Back