Login option not available

Smusic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=264082
I wanted to program keys for a VW Jetta so I used a 3rd party product to pull the 4 digit pin code but when I run vag-com and select controller 17 it will not allow me to login to the controller as the option is not selectable but is present. Can someone please shine some light on this?

Thank you
P.S this is my first post so please correct me if I posted in the wrong section or have done something wrong.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
What model year/body style Jetta is this? The Auto-Scan would add clarity if you don't mind posting one.

Smusic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=264082
Thanks for the reply, I do not have a scan since the car that I am trying to program keys for is owned by a dealer and is not at my disposal. The car is a 2006 vw jetta 2.5L. I am able to run full diagnostics using vag-com and was able to pull the pin but when I try to login under controller 17 instrument or immobilizer, the login option is listed but not selectable as it is a light gray color.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks for the reply, I do not have a scan since the car that I am trying to program keys for is owned by a dealer and is not at my disposal. The car is a 2006 vw jetta 2.5L. I am able to run full diagnostics using vag-com and was able to pull the pin but when I try to login under controller 17 instrument or immobilizer, the login option is listed but not selectable as it is a light gray color.
Assuming this is a Mk.5 car (and it sounds like it is), use 25-Immobilizer, not 17-Instrument Cluster, and use Security Access instead of Login.

-Uwe-

Back