Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW 2006 Touareg V6 17225 error code

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I thought that would be enough as well, but there must be something else that is still looking for the sensor signals and getting nothing then flagging both sensors as faulty.

Is there any way with VCDS I can monitor various signals from/to the TCU to see what may be generating the error codes? i.e. can I view the G193/4 sensors signals, that shouldn't be there, but are (virtual) and are being expected anyway?
    There

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you changed the original transmission ?
    Why do you think you have 09G transmission ?
    So you have checked the wiring for the sensors, are not in place in your TCM controller ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Was something done that triggered the code?

Or was it all happy as larry, then one day the MIL came on and these codes were there?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There,

Does anybody have copies of the transmission wiring diagram for a Toureg 2006 please?

I have tried erwin without success.

Regards,
    Colin

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drained the oil and removed the transmission sump cover to check the wiring and sensors called by the error
    code. The Valve body that is installed doesn't have either of the sensors G193 or G194. Also, all the technical
    documentation I have read has said the 09G valve bodies were used in all 2006 Touaregs onwards.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The car was imported and arrived with a faulty key ignition start system. I don't have the history of the car.
    VW locally installed new electronics and key modules that had to be imported from Germany.

I took the car back to VW and explained the problem. They kept the car for an hour and said it must be the valve
    body at fault and to replace it and the wiring loom. I told them the valve body changes gears and behaves perfectly.
    They could not explain where the false codes were coming from.
    My experience with VW service cantres is that they have no concern for the cost of repairs and always throw new
    parts at every problem, regardless of the price.
    I have had many such run ins with them in the past, they are useless and basically just trained part swappers, (if there is such a word)

I could write a book on my experiences with VW, BMW, Mercedes etc stealerships and how they fleece customers unnecessarily because
    they couldn't be bothered to efficiently and cost effectively repair their brands.
    I'll stop there.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Again,

Something interesting I have noticed.

If I always put the car into neutral as
    I am about to stop the error never occurs, seems odd.

Does anybody know what is happening with the transmission as you stop that could cause this?

Colin