Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rvc calibration

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same trouble calibrating it on my RSQ3. Try moving the calibration board closer to the rear axle. The value on ElsaWin said 1.47 to 1.90 metres, but I could only get it to calibrate if I reduced it to about 1.43m. I also found I had to lift the calibration board up at the back by about 100mm.

http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/...421_page1.html

2. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hamilton View Post
    I had the same trouble calibrating it on my RSQ3. Try moving the calibration board closer to the rear axle. The value on ElsaWin said 1.47 to 1.90 metres, but I could only get it to calibrate if I reduced it to about 1.43m. I also found I had to lift the calibration board up at the back by about 100mm.

http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/...421_page1.html

Tried that also however I think the distance between the rear axle and the board depends on car models as I checked another b7 and it works out the board was 65mm off the ground and 1925mm from the axel as per manufacture I think I need to find a workshop floor to try again as I spent a day trying.

Cheers

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll find that the 1.47-1.90m dimension applies to most models. It is certainly the same for a Q3 and A4.

When I said I lifted the back of the board by 100mm, I meant that I tilted it up at the back - not raised the whole thing up. If you look at the photos in the link I posted you will see what I mean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hamilton View Post
    I think you'll find that the 1.47-1.90m dimension applies to most models. It is certainly the same for a Q3 and A4.

When I said I lifted the back of the board by 100mm, I meant that I tilted it up at the back - not raised the whole thing up. If you look at the photos in the link I posted you will see what I mean.
    I see how you mean when you carried out calibration did you have your car in reverse ? gear as mine is a dsg I have it in reverse with the engine off .

Cheers

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, mine is DSG, and yes, I had it in reverse with the engine off but with the ignition on and a battery charger connected. Look at the last page of the thread I linked to - it shows a few other requirements, and the figures I used.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will get the calibration board printed onto paper and try it flat on the ground.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are anywhere near me you would be welcome to borrow mine.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the board template I used from another Audi forum:

http://www.richard-hamilton.co.uk/te...tion_board.pdf

I had it printed by stressfreeprint.co.uk

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the link I have already posted and stuck A4 sheets together, worked first time. I was pretty precise with the measuring etc from the wheels.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by welshkaiboy View Post
    I used the link I have already posted and stuck A4 sheets together, worked first time. I was pretty precise with the measuring etc from the wheels.
    Having the car in for a service in asked vw to calibrate the camera they were unable to get it calibrated however on collection I spoke to the mechanic and we kinda of wonder if my badly fitted bumper protector is causing the issue as it sticks out . Could this be interfering with the calibration as the red line was on the edge of the bumper.