A6 c7 4g question

sambasi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305083
Hi

I am looking to buy vcds. I have a problem with my a6 it's a 2015 model with factory led front and back my car had a N/S headlight changed due to damage. This was done before I got the car I got with the knowledge of the fault. The headlight is working fine except adaptive and high beam assist. It's been plugged in to vag com and I was told it's a can bus issue. Is the headlight coded? I'm guessing the controllers are working as the headlamp is working. Just trying to find out if I will be able to sort out the problem with vcds myself before I buy. I would like to open up some of the other options on the car as wel.

Which would be the best vcds to buy? If I got a 3vin one can I upgrade it at a later date to unlimited vin?

Hope this make since!

Thanks

Si

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Which would be the best vcds to buy? If I got a 3vin one can I upgrade it at a later date to unlimited vin?
3-VIN can be upgraded to 10-VIN, which can then be upgraded to Unlimited. However, I'm having a hard time picturing a scenario where an individual use would need more than a 10-VINs. Have a look at the VIN Limited Interface FAQ.

-Uwe-

sambasi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305083
3-VIN can be upgraded to 10-VIN, which can then be upgraded to Unlimited. However, I'm having a hard time picturing a scenario where an individual use would need more than a 10-VINs. Have a look at the VIN Limited Interface FAQ.

-Uwe-

I am a machanic and have my own workshop but work mostly on classic vw's and classic porsche. So no need fir vcds on them!! Lol the a6 is my car and my partner as a 2010 golf. If I can get to grips with vcds on my own car I was going to offer my services to other VAG owner in the local area. Earn a few quid back. I was thinking maybe start with 3/10 vin see how I get on!! That's my thinking anywa.

Reactions: Uwe
Back