Can't Connect to Hex Net with Laptop

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Im using my phone as a hotspot for the laptop and the HEX-NET. Not sure if i have those kind of options.

Galaxy S7 Edge

I'm not super stoked about that "Internal checks failed code 01" in your self-test screenshot. I haven't encountered that and I don't know what it means, so I don't know if it has any bearing on your problem. Perhaps Ross-Tech can comment.

I also have a Galaxy S7 Edge, and it doesn't really have much in the way of config options. It should work fine for either VCDS Mobile and for VCDS Desktop via WiFi. The fact it's working for VCDS Mobile rules out having broken the few things you could potentially break. If you can reach VCDS Mobile, but VCDS Desktop isn't working, that's generally a firewall issue on your PC.

Do you happen to have any third-party firewall or anti-virus / anti-malware (which often includes a firewall) installed? If so, try uninstalling that and repeating your test. If not, let's try making sure all settings are correct for the built-in Windows firewall.

1) Open an elevated command prompt. Here are some instructions: Elevated Command Prompt on Windows 8. It's generally the same on Windows 10. Option one is the easiest.

2) Enter the following two commands, exactly as shown:
Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="VCDS" program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\VCDS.exe"
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="VCDS" program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta\VCDS.exe"
3) Close the command prompt -- just type "exit".

4) Re-install VCDS, and at the beginning of the process, turn on the 'Open firewall for HEX-NET' checkbox - it's not on by default.

5) Try running VCDS again, and see what happens.

Jason

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out Jason! We did spot something goofy server side after you mentioned Internal checks failed.

Landis,

I think we need to RMA this HEX-NET. We will take care of that under Goodwill warranty so you only need to cover the trackable shipping method (of your choice) to us. Your RMA Number is 170321RA2.

Please send it via a trackable method to:

Ross-Tech, LLC
Attention:170321RA2
881 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
Tel: +1 267 638 2300

Make sure to write the above RMA number on the package to prevent a delay in processing. Please include your shipping address in the package to make sure we send the return item back to the correct location.

Best,
Dana

Ref RET?ID=5103

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
P.S. Don't hesitate to bump this thread back up if a few days pass after we receive the interface.

Nuwandam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255662
No -- not from some website.

Of course that website can't ping stuff inside your LAN.

Open a CMD prompt window and type:
PING 192.168.43.50

-Uwe-

Reactions: Uwe

Nuwandam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255662
What kind of phone do you have? It is very possible the phone cannot pass the ports needed for VCDS.

Also, are you aware the HEX-NET can act as a hotspot? You can eliminate the phone from this mix , Just press the red button on the HEX-NET (the middle LED will change to amber). On your PC search for the wireless network that begins with "HN". Connect and test should have no problems talking.

Doesnt pass the test connected directly to the HEX-NET either.

Nuwandam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255662
Thanks for pointing that out Jason! We did spot something goofy server side after you mentioned Internal checks failed.

Landis,

I think we need to RMA this HEX-NET. We will take care of that under Goodwill warranty so you only need to cover the trackable shipping method (of your choice) to us. Your RMA Number is 170321RA2.

Please send it via a trackable method to:

Ross-Tech, LLC
Attention:170321RA2
881 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
Tel: +1 267 638 2300

Make sure to write the above RMA number on the package to prevent a delay in processing. Please include your shipping address in the package to make sure we send the return item back to the correct location.

Best,
Dana

Ref RET?ID=5103

Will get it out this week, thanks for the help everyone.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Doesnt pass the test connected directly to the HEX-NET either.
Although we still want your HEX-NET back to have look at the source of the ""Internal checks failed", the above picture bothers me a bit.

Are you switching networks in Windows after you've started VCDS?

VCDS is trying 192.168.0.x, while you're connected to 192.168.43.x.

If you switch networks, you should exit and re-start VCDS. IIRC, it only looks at your network setup when it starts up and does not try to keep up with changes in real-times.

-Uwe-

Nuwandam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255662
Although we still want your HEX-NET back to have look at the source of the ""Internal checks failed", the above picture bothers me a bit.

Are you switching networks in Windows after you've started VCDS?

VCDS is trying 192.168.0.x, while you're connected to 192.168.43.x.

If you switch networks, you should exit and re-start VCDS. IIRC, it only looks at your network setup when it starts up and does not try to keep up with changes in real-times.

-Uwe-

Yes, that time i switched to the HN network while VCDS was still open. I just closed it out, connected to the HN network and restarted VCDS and it gave the same message with the same IPs.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Uhh, I got the same message (Interface not found using broadcast) on my business laptop when trying to use VCDS via the HN network, but have never seen it on my personal machine. I then just switched to a wired connection and never bothered again.

I thought it might be a group policy, network device setting, or other that prevented broadcasts.

Will follow this thread and can also reproduce the message, if you need any help debugging this.

Reactions: Uwe

Nuwandam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255662
Bumping this up, you received the interface on Monday.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check with the crew downstairs in the morning.
Ref to: O?ID=341782

The replacement HEX-NET order is placed and we hope to ship it by the end of the business day. Worst case scenario is Friday but you will receive tracking info from our orders team either way.

Best,
Dana

Back