Newbie Help

vrsboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295494
I have just purchased a lead from Gendan but i have issues with VCDS not responding and Hanging /crashing and i have to physically run task manager to stop it and restart. I also have problems when coding i.e if i adapt a channel i have to come out and go back in via security access entering 31347 each time. If i remain in adaptions and change another channel it always say " OUT OF RANGE" and doesnt allow the change until i go out and come back in again. Any ideas why this is please. Its no a huge problem but i expected the program to be faultless in its running. I have the latest version 17.1.3 installed and my computer is 2.4ghz 64 bit machine withn 4gb of ram so i would have thought powerful enough to run the program. Any advice would be appreciated

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What version of Windows are you using?

What anti-virus or other nannyware do you have installed on it?

-Uwe-

vrsboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295494
I am running windows 10 with avira anti virus. The laptop runs fine with video editing software i use which uses up memory etc by the bucket load . I cant work it out.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Avira caused issues in the past.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Video editing and car diagnostic communications are two very different things. VCDS is not at memory intensive, but it does need to be able to do things more-or-less in real-time.

You might try shutting down your internet connection and then shutting down Avira, just to see if that makes a difference.

-Uwe-

vrsboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295494
I will give it a try . thanks

Back