Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RLS Sensor gel pad

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sebastian,
    The windscreen had been replaced before we got the vehicle, then again a month after we bought it, the gel pad was supplied by my local vw main dealer,I replaced the gel pad to eliminate it from the possible causes of the fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that answers that. What type of windshield is installed now? According to the VIN, the car should have an (heat) insulated windshield. I can only assume the rain light sensor was replaced in the process, certainly the values were completely off. Here's another coding based on the assumption that you got an insulated windshield: 0350CD
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sebastian,
    Sorry for the delay
    Alas that code was no use, can you explain why the writing changes colour from black to blue when I tick the checkbox but the wording still reads " rain Sensor inactive" could the gel pad although a new genuine VW item be faulty? Is it worth getting another gel pad just to rule the possibility it's faulty out?
    Thanks again for all your help
    Andrew

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for a stupid question but what exactly are you ticking? Ticking that checkbox disables rain sensor. The wording does not change as setting that bit to 1 means => Rain sensor disabled. Leaving it unticked = bit = 0 => rain sensor enabled.

You have tried leaving that bit to 0 and testing that rain sensor works?