Case Study: 2016 A5, ABS code 01201 ABS Pump Supply Voltage

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
TSD?ID=95474

01201 ABS Pump Supply Voltage

Body shop car. So the ABS keeps flagging a 01201 code as soon as you move the car. Has dug through the car, all fuses seem good. Watching voltage of ABS module, always between 13 to 14 with engine running.

Pull up the wiring diagram, there are several fused wires going to the ABS, but one very large 4mm² wire that runs to fuse S123. Wiring diagram also shows 2 grounds, one of them again being a 4mm² wire.... man, that ABS pump must be a monster or something... anyway, no power at the terminal of that 4mm² wire. Ah ha, so lets look at fuse S123.

So finding fuse S123 was the hard part... it was not a 110A strip fuse at the positive battery clamp, as most info was telling me it was. Turns out it is a very well hidden 40A Maxi fuse to the left of the steering column, with the driver's knee airbag right in the way... a whole long of cursing and grunting on the phone to get to that fuse. :eek: But yep, that was one popped fuse.

TL/DR = ABS fault code 01201 can be caused by a blown fuse... have fun locating it.

Cymru01

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=187097 username changed from RhodJames by Andy
Yep seen this one while investigating a rack fault if you open the side panel fuse you can just about see them. I'm glad its not just me who struggled :rolleyes:

dijalex59

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=507857
TSD?ID=95474

01201 ABS Pump Supply Voltage

Body shop car. So the ABS keeps flagging a 01201 code as soon as you move the car. Has dug through the car, all fuses seem good. Watching voltage of ABS module, always between 13 to 14 with engine running.

Pull up the wiring diagram, there are several fused wires going to the ABS, but one very large 4mm² wire that runs to fuse S123. Wiring diagram also shows 2 grounds, one of them again being a 4mm² wire.... man, that ABS pump must be a monster or something... anyway, no power at the terminal of that 4mm² wire. Ah ha, so lets look at fuse S123.

So finding fuse S123 was the hard part... it was not a 110A strip fuse at the positive battery clamp, as most info was telling me it was. Turns out it is a very well hidden 40A Maxi fuse to the left of the steering column, with the driver's knee airbag right in the way... a whole long of cursing and grunting on the phone to get to that fuse. :eek: But yep, that was one popped fuse.

TL/DR = ABS fault code 01201 can be caused by a blown fuse... have fun locating it.
Thanks you so much ! Your post help me !!! I found place it with Elsa ( LHD) !

Back