View Poll Results: Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it Live!

14 87.50%
  • Kill it With Fire!

2 12.50%
Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,651 of 1651

Thread: The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect for 2017....!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trump launches petition against NFL players' anthem protests

Seems like a peaceful protest to me........just like the morons taking a knee no?

I see it like this .......if I went into a restaurant and I ordered a meal and the server decided it was time to do their peaceful knee protest & during my paid time to get served my "consideration" for my parted "cash", I'd see it as a breach of contract.

I'd go elsewhere........

But.........
    I would like to see someone sue the NFL or its players just for that!

Surprised Mr. Trump hasn't used this angle & since he loves contract law........

What is tortious interference with business expectations?

Tortious interference with business expectancy is a business tort that allows two parties to a contract to hold a third person liable if that person interfered with the contract in a way that caused one or both of the parties to suffer damages. It is related to the tort of tortious interference with contract. The primary difference between these two types of tortious interference – contract and business expectancy – is that the first one requires the two parties to have a contract, while the second one applies to any kind of business relationship. In order to prove a case of tortious interference with business expectancy, a plaintiff must be able to demonstrate all of the following things are true:

the plaintiff had a business relationship with another person or business,
    the defendant knew about the relationship,
    the defendant deliberately acted in a way that would cause the relationship to go bad or to end,
    the relationship went bad or ended, and
    the plaintiff suffered damages as a result.

Unlike tortious interference with contract, a claim for tortious interference with business expectancy does not require a contract to exist. Instead, it can be based on any business arrangement the plaintiff had or expected to have with a third party, but that the defendant ruined. For instance, a plaintiff may claim tortious interference with business expectancy if a defendant ruined contract negotiations (before an actual contract was signed) or ruined another expected arrangement, such as a hiring or merger.
    In addition to proving that the defendant ruined a business relationship of some kind, the plaintiff must also show that the defendant acted intentionally. The plaintiff does not have to show that the defendant acted out of malice or spite, as long as the defendant acted while knowing that a business relationship existed or was likely to exist and that his actions would likely harm or destroy that relationship.
    The plaintiff must also show that the defendant had no legal justification or privilege for acting in a way that would harm or destroy the business relationship. For instance, suppose that in a tortious interference with business expectancy case, the plaintiff is a physician who is seeking privileges in a certain hospital so that he can treat patients at that hospital. The defendant is a physician who used to work with the plaintiff and who has heard that the plaintiff has a prescription drug addiction. Upon finding out that the plaintiff wants privileges at the hospital, the defendant tells the head of the hospital about the drug addiction rumors, which causes the hospital to turn down the plaintiff’s request for privileges.
    The plaintiff sues, claiming tortious interference with a business expectancy (and possibly defamation as well). At trial, however, the defendant argues that she told the hospital about the drug addiction rumors in order to protect the patients, who might be seriously injured if the plaintiff tried to treat them while impaired by a drug addiction. The court may find that the defendant’s actions were justified in order to protect the lives and health of the patients. If so, the court will likely decide that the plaintiff cannot hold the defendant liable for tortious interference with his business expectancy. The law that governs tortious interference with business expectancy differs slightly in each state. In most states, however, a claim for tortious interference with business expectancy must be based on some kind of business relationship other than a completed and signed contract. A case that involves a contract should be filed as a tortious interference with contract case, not a business expectancy case. Because the question of whether or not a contract existed may be “up in the air” when a lawsuit is first filed, some plaintiffs and their attorneys choose to file a claim for both types of torts, even though only one actually applies to the case. Which one applies is then sorted out during discovery.
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ests/23250193/
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has stepped up the pressure on the National Football League over protests by its players during the national anthem by launching a petition and asking his supporters to show their patriotism by backing it.
    The move came after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this week rejected Trump's calls to punish players who kneel for the anthem to protest racism. Trump has said the protests are unpatriotic and disrespectful of military veterans.

"The President has asked for a list of supporters who stand for the National Anthem. Add your name below to show your patriotism and support," said the petition issued on Thursday by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a fundraising organization for Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
    The petition was published on the Republican National Committee website. It did not indicate how many signatures had been received.

Players kneeling during "The Star-Spangled Banner" are protesting the killing of unarmed black men and boys by police across the United States, as well as racial disparities in the country's criminal justice system. More than half of all NFL players are black.
    Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who first popularized the gesture last year, said he settled on kneeling as a form of protest because it is widely seen as a gesture of respect. Goodell said on Wednesday after a meeting of league owners that the NFL would continue to nurture players' efforts to fight racial disparities in the criminal justice system, believing this would make the urge to protest fade. Trump has repeatedly expressed disdain for the protests since a rally in September. In a Twitter post on Wednesday, he called the NFL's decision, "Too much talk, not enough action."
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; Today at 12:14 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........