View Poll Results: Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it Live!

14 87.50%
  • Kill it With Fire!

2 12.50%
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,072 of 1072

Thread: The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect for 2017....!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poll: Trump approval rating rebounds

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...t5R&ocid=ientp

President Trump's approval rating has bounced off a previously low point, according to a new poll.According to data from the latest Harvard-Harris Poll survey, provided exclusively to The Hill, 48 percent of respondents say they approve of the job Trump is doing, compared to 52 percent who say they disapprove.
    That's a 3-point increase in the approval rating from last month, when Trump posted a 45-55 split in the poll, his lowest mark since Harvard-Harris Poll began tracking his approval rating in March.
    Trump's 48 percent approval rating in the survey is considerably better than in other polls.
    Trump is deep underwater in the RealClearPolitics poll average, at 40.6 approve and 54.1 disapprove.
    Two surveys released in mid-June had Trump down 21 points, with CBS News putting him at 36 percent approval and Reuters-Ipsos at 38 percent.
    The Harvard-Harris Poll results are even better than Rasmussen, the conservative polling outlet that has historically given Trump higher marks than their polling peers. In the latest Rasmussen survey, Trump is at 46 percent approve and 54 disapprove.
    The Harvard-Harris Poll online survey of 2,237 registered voters was conducted between June 19 and June 21. The partisan breakdown is 35 percent Democrat, 29 percent Republican, 30 percent independent and 6 percent other.
    Mark Penn, the poll's co-director who has past experience as a pollster for both former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign, has argued that the polls are underestimating Trump's support by 5 or 6 points by sampling all U.S. adults, rather than only those who voted in the last election.
    Most surveys also oversample young people who don't vote, Penn said, and load their questions with storylines that are critical of Trump.
    "The actual [special] elections suggest little has changed from Election Day," Penn said.
    On Trump's bounce in the Harvard-Harris Poll survey, Penn noted that Republicans notched a big victory in the Georgia special House election that was cast as a referendum on Trump's agenda. That came after two damaging weeks punctuated by former FBI Director James Comey's testimony about Trump and explosive revelations surrounding the special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling.
    "It appears that a return to substance rather than wall to wall hearings enabled the administration to find some footing and recover somewhat in its ratings," Penn said. "The findings suggest that it is puzzling as to why Republicans in Congress would keep holding public Russia hearings especially since there is an independent counsel on the case."
    Still, only 32 percent of voters believe the country is on the right track, compared to 55 percent who say it is on the wrong track.
    The economy is a bright spot. Here, 44 percent say right track versus 38 percent wrong track. Sixty-three percent describe the economy as strong.
    Trump gets the highest marks on fighting terrorism and stimulating jobs. He is underwater on foreign affairs and his ability to administer the government.
    Trump's approval rating is better than that of the Republican and Democratic parties. Republicans are at 37 percent approval and Democrats are at 38.
    "With 52 percent not approving of the administration and over 60 percent disapproving of both the Democratic and Republican parties there are no winners here until they start to make progress on major legislation," Penn said.
    Harvard-Harris Poll is a collaboration of the Harvard Center for American Political Studies and The Harris Poll. The Hill will be working with Harvard-Harris Poll throughout 2017. Full poll results will be posted online later this week.
    The internet survey is a probability sample and so does not produce a traditional margin of error.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Service/SMOG Updates/Data Transfer/Off Road Tuning Only! & Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post

I learned a HUGE lesson back when the bubble popped from a few retired people that I know, who actually had to go back to work because their retirement accounts were decimated. The retirement company's advisors that I have met with are usually scratching their heads looking at my unconventional investment strategy, but it is based on lessons learned from others' mistakes and not maximizing returns through risks like they were taught in bean-counter school.....
    vreihen: True: it's unfortunately a lesson that folk learn far too late. As you say -as folk approach retirement age, they should overtly alter their investment strategy from wealth creation to risk minimization. Alas this means that a retiree's account balance in their super-fund needs to be sufficient to sustain the changed strategy. Too many folk enter retirement without this buffer and they are forced to continue the wealth creation path.

As you know from bitter experience, it's possible (albeit, it's often not easy) to recover from a superannuation investment "disaster" when employed, but funds-at-risk are much more important to the investor when retired. So the down-side impact from a continuing wealth creation strategy at this time of life becomes... well........... less appropriate (especially if the safety net of a Government pension is either non existent, or not adequate).

Of course the opposite is also true and many of us have seen examples of working-class folk that have saved and invested prudently - and who enter retirement with a healthy financial account. Problem is that sometimes these hard-working folk can't break a life-time's habit of austerity. They continue to live as if they still need to scrimp-and-save regardless of their accrued wealth.

I come from an Italian background and we have a saying that roughly translates to "your death-shirt has no pockets" - meaning of course that your wealth is absolutely of no value at the funeral. Sure- parents want to leave their kids a benefaction. but my view is that the best gift that children can receive from their mums/dads is the type of value-set that enables them to succeed and be good citizens - that's all!

Moral of my rant - entering retirement is much, much, much more than simply stopping employment. Done correctly, it's a COMPLETE paradigm shift in lifestyle - which includes the adoption of an entirely new way of thinking about money. My goal in retirement in respect of the grubby matter of money is to have $1 AUD in wealth when my death shirt is needed - my strategy in the hopefully long intervening years is to make sure that the decay profile of funds is consistent with that goal!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; Yesterday at 08:13 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

3. Likes Uwe, vreihen liked this post