Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: VIN-Limited Interface FAQ

  1. #21
    Verified VCDS User golfi_vend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vőru, Estonia
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    But 2005 Seat Leon i had was edc15vp+ ECU with VIN and IMMO3.
    Volkswagen Golf MKV 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 + Volkswagen Passat B6 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 Some of the work I've done and cared to make a picture.
    Our webpage and Facebook page Heads up, it's in Estonian language.
    The world is my oyster...

  2. #22
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    13,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    But 2005 Seat Leon i had was edc15vp+ ECU with VIN and IMMO3.
    I said NAR.

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  3. #23
    Verified VCDS User golfi_vend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vőru, Estonia
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I said NAR.

    -Uwe-
    Understood. Just a info piece for RoW owners.
    Volkswagen Golf MKV 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 + Volkswagen Passat B6 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 Some of the work I've done and cared to make a picture.
    Our webpage and Facebook page Heads up, it's in Estonian language.
    The world is my oyster...

  4. #24
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    NAR got the PD engine in 2004 so the 02-03 cars are still ALH. My 03 ALH knows the VIN

  5. Likes Uwe liked this post
  6. #25
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask right here.
    Dear Uwe,

    I am using a HEX+CAN USB interface since 2009 on several VAG cars (2009 VW Toureg, 2015 VW electric eUp!, 2001 Audi Allroad + several other VW) without any problems whasoever but I am now changing my 2009 Toureg for a new 2017 Audi Allroad and I want to know if my older interface will still Fully work on this new car or if I must buy one of your latest interfaces????
    I understand that the new interface is faster than my old one but if the old interface does the same as the old one on my new car, I have no problems with the slower speed.
    I have fully understood that contrary to my old interface, the new ones allow only a limited number of cars, I have no problem with that either.
    I only want to be sure that I can still have the full capability of your VCDS software on my new car just like I had on the older ones and if it really mean buying a new interface, so be it.

    Thanks in advance for your reply

    Best regards

    Serge CAMPLAN, a happy customer since 2009
    Last edited by Uwe; 06-24-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Removed most of the quoted text from post #1 as it was not needed for context.

  7. #26
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    13,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by estrace View Post
    I am using a HEX+CAN USB interface since 2009 on several VAG cars (2009 VW Toureg, 2015 VW electric eUp!, 2001 Audi Allroad + several other VW) without any problems whasoever but I am now changing my 2009 Toureg for a new 2017 Audi Allroad and I want to know if my older interface will still Fully work on this new car or if I must buy one of your latest interfaces????
    I would expect that a 2017 Allroad (based on the new A4 chassis) will have at least one module in it that a HEX+CAN cannot communicate with -- 46-Central Convenience. Depending on how the car is equipped, there may be a few other modules as well.

    My suggestion is always: Keep the old interface until you get the new car, then post an Auto-Scan with the old interface first.

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  8. #27
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I would expect that a 2017 Allroad (based on the new A4 chassis) will have at least one module in it that a HEX+CAN cannot communicate with -- 46-Central Convenience. Depending on how the car is equipped, there may be a few other modules as well.

    My suggestion is always: Keep the old interface until you get the new car, then post an Auto-Scan with the old interface first.

    -Uwe-
    Thanks, Uwe, When I get the new car, I will do that and let you know, and then décide if I change my interface

    Regards

    Serge

  9. Likes Uwe liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •