01' Cabrio (1E) - Unable to see controller for 35/46 for central locking

LSinLV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=45231
Hello,

I have an 01 Cabrio (1E), and when I auto-scan or manually try to choose the controller for the central locking to add/delete remotes, I am unable to access the controller through either module 35 - Central Locking or 46 - Comfort System.

All other controllers are accessible.

Any ideas???

TIA

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Posting a full scan would be the necessary starting point.

LSinLV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=45231
will do tonight when I get home

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I remember correctly, that car is still basically an Mk.3 and didn't have a diagnostic-capable Central Locking system. Not 100% sure though.

-Uwe-

LSinLV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=45231
If I remember correctly, that car is still basically an Mk.3 and didn't have a diagnostic-capable Central Locking system. Not 100% sure though.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe, it's what I thought.

does anyone here know how to clear the remotes out of memory and reprogram new ones???? I've been looking online, but I'm finding conflicting info....which has caused my current issue.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

-Uwe-

Correct, there is a vacuum unit/motor [V69] in the right rear of the Cabrio for the 'central locking' mechanical functions.
[V69] receives the lock/unlock signal from the [J284 - Alarm system control module]

Neither the [V69] or the [J284] had any diagnostic capabilities.

does anyone here know how to clear the remotes out of memory and reprogram new ones???? I've been looking online, but I'm finding conflicting info....which has caused my current issue.

The [J284 - Alarm system control module] is behind the dash just below the headlight switch area, should be next to the cruise control module and is responsible for the remote control operations.

1993 to 1999 VW Jetta, Golf and Cabrio remote programing
To program the remote you will need to:
- Turn on the ignition with one key
- Close doors, lid, hood, etc...
- Use a second key* and unlock the drivers door and hold for 10 seconds (alarm horn beeps 3 times) release door key, keep the key in the cylinder
- Press the 'unlock' button on the 1st remote (two beeps), repeat for other remotes up to 4 remotes?
- Using the door key, turn the lock cylinder to lock the vehicle, hold for 10 seconds (alarm horn beeps) release door key and unlock the door
- Switch ignition off and test the remote.

* If in the unlikely or likely event you only have one key, you will need to remove the door lock assembly in the drivers door, there is a torx head bolt in the door jam.
Once the lock assembly is out of the door you can use a flat blade screw driver to turn the lock switch in the door lock/latch. (follow steps above)
You will notice this switch does not return to center, so you will have to manually position the switch accordingly.

This is from memory and should work for you, let us know how it goes or if you have any more questions...

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe
Back