Cylinder 3 misfire

SelesanD

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Denis and I'm from Romania.

I own an VW Golf V from 2007, 1.4 TSI 140 CP motor.
Already I have changed the spark plugs and the coils for cylinder 3 and 4 but still after scan I have this error :

000771 - Cylinder 3
P0303 - 000 - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00110000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 150420 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 18:13:10

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1175 /min
Load: 40.0 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 9.0°C
Temperature: 1.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1020.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.351 V

Readiness: 0010 0001 :banghead:

Also my turbocharger needed reconditioning a couple a weeks ago,when I have changed also the filters and oil.:cry:

The problem is when I start the car it shakes for a minute and the check engine light blinks after that it disappers. For a couple of times the check engine light stayed on for 2-3 days :(.

Can you help me with this error and a solution to my problem:
000771 - Cylinder 3

Thank you.

SelesanD

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Today 16.12.2016 I made some tests, I erased the error and in the morning at -2 degrees I started the car normally, the check engine light blinked and the car shake.After 7 KM when I got to work I have read the error and I had the same error : 000771 - Cylinder 3
I have erased again the error and didn't use the car for 9 hours, after 9 hours at -2 degrees I have started the car and accelerated to 2000 rpm for 15-20 seconds.The check engine light didn't blink and the car didn't shake.
When I got home after 7 KM I read again the errors and the car didn't have any errors.

What can be wrong with my car? :banghead:

Waiting for your replies.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello Denis,

Please post the complete Auto-Scan. That engine wasn't sold here so the scan should help.

Excessive carbon tends to build up on the back of the Intake valves causing misfires so you may want to rule that out as a possible misfire cause. Fuel injectors fail as well - but without knowing the mileage on this vehicle I wouldn't want to suggest replacing it yet.

SelesanD

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello Denis,

Please post the complete Auto-Scan. That engine wasn't sold here so the scan should help.

Excessive carbon tends to build up on the back of the Intake valves causing misfires so you may want to rule that out as a possible misfire cause. Fuel injectors fail as well - but without knowing the mileage on this vehicle I wouldn't want to suggest replacing it yet.

Hello Dana,

Thank you for your reply,attached you can find the auto-scan, the car has 150.500 km.

Code:
Removed.  Data from pirate versions of VCDS is not welcome here

P.S: Is the any function in VagCom that shows the work paratemers for the turbocharger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back