Vcds keeps crashing 3/4 into scan

whirly

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246786
Hey there as the title says my prgram crashes 3/4 into the scan every time. Ive updated to the latest version and done a full reinstall on the laptop. Running windows 7 still but that is not the issue. I only use thw laptop for the car so no other information is on it. Any help would be great .. the car im using it on is a 2004 v8 touareg. And hexcan cable

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, is there a particular module it crashes on?

What kind of PC are you using? Make, Model, CPU, RAM? Is your Windows 32 bits or 64?

And what exactly is do you mean by "crash"? Does Windows report an actual crash, or is VCDS just hung?

-Uwe-

whirly

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246786
Sony vaio YB15 2 gb ram 2.6ghz cpu i7 or i5 dont remember. Windows 7 64bit. As for the crash ive seen it do it twice and vcds stalls then the lappy does full reboot. Dont get an error message. I can do other stuff in the software like changing lane blink etc . Its just the scan wherr it goes wrong

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A full reboot? That sounds almost like some kind of hardware problem with the laptop itself.

Try some stress-test software on the machine, maybe something like Prime95..

You could also try re-installing VCDS and select the "Install 32-bit EXE" option just to see if that makes a difference.

-Uwe-

whirly

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=246786
Cool ill try that. Ove tried valley but thats more a gpu stress test than cpu and ram.. ill give prime a go later

Back