Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MK7 Golf Sound Aktuator retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
    I've been thinking about this. Hear me out... What if this isn't working because my vehicle by default is not programmed to have Driver Profile Selection from the factory? Wonder if this being enabled (switch or no switch) would allow the unit to function?
    I hear you ! I may be able to answer your thoughts soon hopefully, as I follow your path down this probable bummer undertaking with my Golf 1.4 TSi. as well

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx750p View Post
    I hear you ! I may be able to answer your thoughts soon hopefully, as I follow your path down this probable bummer undertaking with my Golf 1.4 TSi. as well
    Sounds good! Have all the parts required to install?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
    Sounds good! Have all the parts required to install?
    I have fitted the system using the latest parts from VW brand new....but ended up with the same error as you have...."Wrong Engine Type"

I have the original Driver Profile from a 2017 Golf R loaded onto the Gateway. I believe the problem is with the engine coding.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx750p View Post
    I have fitted the system using the latest parts from VW brand new....but ended up with the same error as you have...."Wrong Engine Type"

I have the original Driver Profile from a 2017 Golf R loaded onto the Gateway. I believe the problem is with the engine coding.
    Well that just sucks. Is there anyway to reprogram our vehicles to have driver profile selection without making a trip to the dealer? Overseas VW sells a kit which includes the lower console buttons and instructions for reprogramming the vehicle. Hmmmmm.

Edit: This is the kit I believe.

Use Google translate as it's a Russian car forum - > https://www.drive2.com/l/6261375/

Italian tuner shop - > https://www.facebook.com/carfixretro...047839/?type=3
    Last edited by quailallstar; 05-31-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @cbx750p have you made any progress at all?
    2Ø16 Golf 7 Variant Highline Pure-Weiß 1,8 FSI « 2Ø11 Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF 2,0 TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline Candy-Weiß 5-Türen« Ø8 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt 3,2 VR6 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen « Ø6 Golf 5 GTI 2,0 FSI DSG Tornadorot 3-Türen « Ø2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen. I Euro-spec OEM Mods

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am afraid that the road ends here but I can't see any light. 😣