Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MK7 Golf Sound Aktuator retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
    I've been thinking about this. Hear me out... What if this isn't working because my vehicle by default is not programmed to have Driver Profile Selection from the factory? Wonder if this being enabled (switch or no switch) would allow the unit to function?
    I hear you ! I may be able to answer your thoughts soon hopefully, as I follow your path down this probable bummer undertaking with my Golf 1.4 TSi. as well

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx750p View Post
    I hear you ! I may be able to answer your thoughts soon hopefully, as I follow your path down this probable bummer undertaking with my Golf 1.4 TSi. as well
    Sounds good! Have all the parts required to install?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good! Have all the parts required to install?
    I have fitted the system using the latest parts from VW brand new....but ended up with the same error as you have...."Wrong Engine Type"

I have the original Driver Profile from a 2017 Golf R loaded onto the Gateway. I believe the problem is with the engine coding.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have fitted the system using the latest parts from VW brand new....but ended up with the same error as you have...."Wrong Engine Type"

I have the original Driver Profile from a 2017 Golf R loaded onto the Gateway. I believe the problem is with the engine coding.
    Well that just sucks. Is there anyway to reprogram our vehicles to have driver profile selection without making a trip to the dealer? Overseas VW sells a kit which includes the lower console buttons and instructions for reprogramming the vehicle. Hmmmmm.

Edit: This is the kit I believe.

Use Google translate as it's a Russian car forum - > https://www.drive2.com/l/6261375/

Italian tuner shop - > https://www.facebook.com/carfixretro...047839/?type=3
    Last edited by quailallstar; 05-31-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @cbx750p have you made any progress at all?
    2Ø16 Golf 7 Variant Highline Pure-Weiß 1,8 FSI « 2Ø11 Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF 2,0 TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline Candy-Weiß 5-Türen« Ø8 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt 3,2 VR6 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen « Ø6 Golf 5 GTI 2,0 FSI DSG Tornadorot 3-Türen « Ø2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen. I Euro-spec OEM Mods

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am afraid that the road ends here but I can't see any light. 😣

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am afraid that the road ends here but I can't see any light. ��

That is a shame...

I'm still thinking driver profile selection may help the situation by telling the car what mode you want. Thinking of doing this mod below in hopes of it all tieing in together. Looks like ODIS access is needed in addition to VCDS for proper coding.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=15

XaGiCo has a guide written in Spanish:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6p...?usp=drive_web

I've seen kits on aliexpress that include the 3 buttons and wiring harness.

VW has an official kit. Part number: 5G0 054 809. The instructions are here

It's not entirely clear, but it seems that you might need ODIS to activate the driver profile select. I believe that Golfdave already had driver profile enabled and was only adding an ESC On/Off button. So you might need to have a dealer activate it after the switch is installed.
    2Ø16 Golf 7 Variant Highline Pure-Weiß 1,8 FSI « 2Ø11 Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF 2,0 TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline Candy-Weiß 5-Türen« Ø8 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt 3,2 VR6 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen « Ø6 Golf 5 GTI 2,0 FSI DSG Tornadorot 3-Türen « Ø2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen. I Euro-spec OEM Mods

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the problem is in the A9 Soundator error. Because of the error message "wrong engine type", the system cannot activate itself.

My Golf 1.4TSi already have the Golf R driver profile but cannot recognise the A9 Soundator presence because of this error.

My retrofitted was recognised by the system but lacked the control until I did the ODIS online SWAP.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the problem is in the A9 Soundator error. Because of the error message "wrong engine type", the system cannot activate itself.

My Golf 1.4TSi already have the Golf R driver profile but cannot recognise the A9 Soundator presence because of this error.

My retrofitted was recognised by the system but lacked the control until I did the ODIS online SWAP.
    What did you retrofit that required the online ODIS SWAP? I've never used ODIS - how could I obtain the software, etc?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did you retrofit that required the online ODIS SWAP? I've never used ODIS - how could I obtain the software, etc?
    Hi

Yes
    You need ODIS Online.
    The 3 codes are only used once.

Regards