Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK7 Golf Sound Aktuator retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MK7 Golf Sound Aktuator retrofit

For some time now I've thought of picking up a used sound aktuator and harness for retrofit into my NAR Golf Wagon MY16. Does anyone have a wire diagram of the harness and where it terminates into the BCM???? If anything I can fabricate a harness and play around with coding in hopes of it working on the 1.8t FSI. Willing to be the guinea pig on this one.
    2Ø16 Golf 7 Variant Highline Pure-Weiß 1,8 FSI « 2Ø11 Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF 2,0 TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline Candy-Weiß 5-Türen« Ø8 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt 3,2 VR6 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen « Ø6 Golf 5 GTI 2,0 FSI DSG Tornadorot 3-Türen « Ø2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen. I Euro-spec OEM Mods

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
    For some time now I've thought of picking up a used sound aktuator and harness for retrofit into my NAR Golf Wagon MY16
    If additional engine noise is what you want, it would be better to buy an aftermarket intake or downpipe to get some REAL engine roar and power to go with it.
    Folks are taking out the Soundaktor and noise pipes from their cars, while you are looking to put one in. The soundaktor is more hassle than it is worth, and it provides no gains like an intake or downpipe upgrade.

3. Likes Vasco Ferraz, Dukedesmo liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone here with access to an ETKA or shop manual able to provide me a wiring diagram for 4H0907601D (borne sound actuator). I am interested in learning where this plugs into (what pins) + the type of harness so that I can fabricate one and attempt a retrofit.
    2Ø16 Golf 7 Variant Highline Pure-Weiß 1,8 FSI « 2Ø11 Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF 2,0 TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline Candy-Weiß 5-Türen« Ø8 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt 3,2 VR6 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen « Ø6 Golf 5 GTI 2,0 FSI DSG Tornadorot 3-Türen « Ø2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen. I Euro-spec OEM Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Michael,

Haven't talked to you for a while. I'm picking up my 2017 Alltrack tomorrow

I couldn't locate a scan (for the VIN/application) with that 4H0 # in it but Andy's 2015 GTI has 5G0 907 159 and Uwe's R shows a slightly newer flavor: 5G0 907 159 D. I can take a look at the 2.0T flavor diagrams to see if they're the same and report back.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi Michael,

I couldn't locate a scan (for the VIN/application) with that 4H0 # in it but Andy's 2015 GTI has 5G0 907 159 and Uwe's R shows a slightly newer flavor: 5G0 907 159 D. I can take a look at the 2.0T flavor diagrams to see if they're the same and report back.
    Dana, I suspect you are dropping hints at us that our cars are too old.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't check Uwe's car but ... I suspect they'll be the same based on the direct CAN connections. I did Andy's 2015 GTI with Engine Code: CNTA

Structure borne sound control module -J869-
    6-pin connector T6cu
    1 = Signal (+), actuator
    2 = Signal (-), actuator
    3 = Power (15) (from fuse SC34)
    4 = Ground (31)
    5 = CAN-L
    6 = CAN-H

The CAN connections are direct to B384 - Powertrain CAN bus high connection 2 and B391 - Powertrain CAN bus low connection 2 in the diagrams.

The "Structure-borne sound actuator , CHHB,CNTA,CXCA,CXDA from January 2014" diagram # 34 shows some sorta TIUL - Coupling point in interior, bottom left station so I'd splice into that for CAN high/low if your car has it. They hit the CAN GW (J553) at terminals T20/16 and T20/6 if you make an adapter at the module. (I never splice CAN wires where they could corrode under the hood)

The R214 - Structure-borne sound actuator speaker is a direct shot from J869 T6cu/1 to T2gb/1 -and- T6cu/2 to T2gb/2.

If that isn't enough you may want to invest in a $35 pass for a 1 day erWin subscription. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    Dana, I suspect you are dropping hints at us that our cars are too old.
    Shit, I finally sold my 2002 GTI! That thing had metal parts on the engine! Valve cover, intake, etc

We kept the 2012 Tiggy because I don't need a newer/larger model. I am pretty excited about the new Golf Alltrack but - too bad they aren't bringing the SEL in a MT. I went for it and that DSG may be of some use to RT (for procedures, etc).

9. Likes Zenerdiode, jyoung8607, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Michael,

Hey Dana!

Yeah it's been some time since we've spoken. Hope all has been well with you. My MK6 TDI was just bought back last night and missing it already Congrats on the new car by the way!

Yes, please take a look at the diagrams and see if they are the same part by chance. FYI I found a SEAT forum post from Spain were someone retrofitted it into their 1.6 TDI (hardware and VCDS re-coding).

Thank you for the help in advance

11. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't check Uwe's car but ... I suspect they'll be the same based on the direct CAN connections. I did Andy's 2015 GTI with Engine Code: CNTA

6-pin connector T6cu
    1 = Signal (+), actuator
    2 = Signal (-), actuator
    4 = Ground (31)
    5 = CAN-L
    6 = CAN-H

The CAN connections are direct to B384 - Powertrain CAN bus high connection 2 and B391 - Powertrain CAN bus low connection 2 in the diagrams.

The "Structure-borne sound actuator , CHHB,CNTA,CXCA,CXDA from January 2014" diagram # 34 shows some sorta TIUL - Coupling point in interior, bottom left station so I'd splice into that for CAN high/low if your car has it. They hit the CAN GW (J553) at terminals T20/16 and T20/6 if you make an adapter at the module. (I never splice CAN wires where they could corrode under the hood)

The R214 - Structure-borne sound actuator speaker is a direct shot from J869 T6cu/1 to T2gb/1 -and- T6cu/2 to T2gb/2.

If that isn't enough you may want to invest in a $35 pass for a 1 day erWin subscription. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information
    Dana: I hope that I haven't stolen your thunder, but I had to translate your connection list into a picture (just one of my many peculiarities!!)

But the real reason why I have responded is to say how thrilled I am at your choice of new vehicle - I always suspected that you were a discerning person when it came to choosing a car and your decision on a Golf proves my suspicion!! Pretty-soon the entire RT parking lot will be filled with Golfs of every variety!!

Congratulations

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

13. Likes Dana, NitrousOxide, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

6-pin connector T6cu
    1 = Signal (+), actuator
    2 = Signal (-), actuator
    4 = Ground (31)
    5 = CAN-L
    6 = CAN-H

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Dana: I hope that I haven't stolen your thunder, but I had to translate your connection list into a picture (just one of my many peculiarities!!)

But the real reason why I have responded is to say how thrilled I am at your choice of new vehicle - I always suspected that you were a discerning person when it came to choosing a car and your decision on a Golf proves my suspicion!! Pretty-soon the entire RT parking lot will be filled with Golfs of every variety!!

Congratulations

Don
    Thank you both for the information! The visual helps a lot! So I'll not only need to get a borne sound actuator but also the J869 (black control box) to make this work. I suspect this retrofit would work on my vehicle

Now on to ebay to find used parts for sale & ordereing wires/connectors to make a harness.

15. Likes Dana liked this post