Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Clean Diesel Readiness Status

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perspective. Everyone has got one. Many are different.

-Uwe-
    Well I prefer every asshole has their own opinion...... I am and can be that asshole!

Cougar:

I think if you want to rant that's great, how about you actually do something about it by writing your legislator or starting a petition.
    At least I try to do stuff about it......and doing so I'm the asshole.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-18-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Cougar:

I think if you want to rant that's great, how about you actually do something about it by writing your legislator or starting a petition.
    At least I try to do stuff about it......and doing so I'm the asshole.
    The problem is, at this point, I've pretty much given up on the government and society as a whole. 'Representatives', for the most part (there are exceptions), do NOT do what their constituents want, they do what THEY want, and what those feeding them money want. And as far as society, when you have more than 2% of the population supporting someone as a candidate for president who was, at BEST, grossly negligent with national security and handling of highly sensitive data... well, 'nuff said (If you or I did exactly what was done, we would be in prison - for a VERY long time. Good people have gone to prison for less). If we can get these career politicians out of the government and get people in who will ACTUALLY LISTEN to those they are supposed to represent and REPRESENT THEM, as well as uphold their oath of office, rather than ignore it, then I think we might get somewhere, but as it stands right now, it's a waste of time and an exercise in futility, unfortunately. I sure hope things can change for the better, but right the moment, I'm not holding my breath.

There are petitions to abolish the EPA, but unless you get that in front of people (think front page MSNBC, Fox, etc), you'll never get enough signatures, and even if you DO, it won't go anywhere (See previous comment about representatives). The EPA is truly off the rails crazy. I mean, SERIOUSLY???? Wood burning (the oldest form of combustion known to man - been going on since the dawn of time) 'heaters' now have some kind of 'Particulate matter emissions' requirements... Really?? I'm waiting for them to come out and say they are going to try to figure out how to capture all the emissions and PM from volcanoes and forest fires, and capture all the methane emitted by cows.... Except there is no money there, other than fining farmers/ranchers for not capturing their cows farts within EPA guidelines .

Sorry for the further derail, but you asked .
    Last edited by Cougar281; 08-18-2016 at 10:14 PM.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    The problem is, at this point, I've pretty much given up on the government and society as a whole. 'Representatives', for the most part (there are exceptions), do NOT do what their constituents want, they do what THEY want, and what those feeding them money want.
    It's the same in all "democracies" - the elected politicians only want power for what they can get out of it themselves, once elected they ignore those who they are supposed to represent.

In the UK MPs are elected under the terms of "The Representation of the People Act" - which is a complete farce as they absolutely DO NOT represent us , our views or our daily problems.

5. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is, at this point, I've pretty much given up on the government and society as a whole. 'Representatives', for the most part (there are exceptions), do NOT do what their constituents want, they do what THEY want, and what those feeding them money want. And as far as society, when you have more than 2% of the population supporting someone as a candidate for president who was, at BEST, grossly negligent with national security and handling of highly sensitive data... well, 'nuff said (If you or I did exactly what was done, we would be in prison - for a VERY long time. Good people have gone to prison for less). If we can get these career politicians out of the government and get people in who will ACTUALLY LISTEN to those they are supposed to represent and REPRESENT THEM, as well as uphold their oath of office, rather than ignore it, then I think we might get somewhere, but as it stands right now, it's a waste of time and an exercise in futility, unfortunately. I sure hope things can change for the better, but right the moment, I'm not holding my breath.

There are petitions to abolish the EPA, but unless you get that in front of people (think front page MSNBC, Fox, etc), you'll never get enough signatures, and even if you DO, it won't go anywhere (See previous comment about representatives). The EPA is truly off the rails crazy. I mean, SERIOUSLY???? Wood burning (the oldest form of combustion known to man - been going on since the dawn of time) 'heaters' now have some kind of 'Particulate matter emissions' requirements... Really?? I'm waiting for them to come out and say they are going to try to figure out how to capture all the emissions and PM from volcanoes and forest fires, and capture all the methane emitted by cows.... Except there is no money there, other than fining farmers/ranchers for not capturing their cows farts within EPA guidelines .

Sorry for the further derail, but you asked .
    That attitude is how nothing gets accomplished, I'd rather do something or if at least try!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-19-2016 at 10:37 AM.
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So,yeah, I'm back for a bit lol. I didn't realize that to get that exemption, ALL monitors need to be complete and only one DTC present... so two or three not complete and one DTC won't cut it. They don't care WHY the two or three won't complete. That being said, immediately after I found that, I replaced the upstream O2 sensor, as that was the *most likely* to be damaged based on being soaked in oil after the turbo failure. I get where you're coming from with cleaning things vs replacing them, but with O2 sensors, they do naturally wear out. They can be cleaned, but there is no guarantee that cleaning them will in fact restore them to proper operation. It may fix them, it may help, or it may do neither, and I don't have the time or energy to dork with trying to clean something like an O2 sensor that, if the sensor is fouled/dirty, may or may not work even if you're 100% spot on with the cleaning procedure. After sitting with oil on the element for a week plus, it's entirely possible that the original sensor was toast and no amount of cleaning would have fixed it. If you want to play with it and see if you can return it to proper function and give it to someone, I'd be happy to send it to you and hear about it.

Anyway, that being said, a few days after replacing the sensor, the O2 sensor monitor *actually completed*! That's after about two months of driving with no completion on the original sensor. That SHOULD allow for a passed emissions test (only one monitor not complete).... HOWEVER.... I have the stupid P0401 back. I tried cleaning a filter by soaking it in gasoline overnight and draining/shaking the gas out and letting it evaporate twice, and while that gave a noticeable increase in flow using the very UN-scientific method of blowing through it, that only lasted a week before the P0401 came back.

That being said, since I haven't gotten a simple answer elsewhere and you seen to know a lot about how these cars operate, assuming I have managed a way for the P0401 to 'go away', how long (or how many key cycles without a problem) would it take for that P0401 to 'go away' and allow it to pass an OBD2 emissions scan? Or can it not be cleared any other way besides with VCDS and let everything complete?

*Disclaimer - my wife has already bought a 2015 Malibu to replace her Jetta - It's in our driveway now. At this point, I only want to get it to pass emissions so we can renew the plates to *make sure* that VW can't shaft us on the buyback as when she called about leaving the cars plates expired without getting into specifics (one thought we had, since we were having trouble getting it to pass emissions, was to just take it off the road and figure out how to get it to the VW dealership for the buyback), they said it must be registered (expired reg can be argued as not registered, so we don't want to take any chances....). The car will spend the vast majority, if not all of the time between getting the plates renewed and the VW Buyback sitting in our driveway. The plates on her Jetta will end up getting transferred to her new car once the Jetta is bought back (they are custom plates), so renewing them on the Jetta is little to no loss.
    Last edited by Cougar281; 09-01-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A reiteration of clean it up.......

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...-Temporary-Fix

Post Thanks / Like
    Additional CAT test found for readiness script block. 03L/019 series non UDS CAN TP.2.0

0x01-04-049 GAS/Brake ............Amplitude second field displayed.

Don't be surprised when it aborts........ due to not being in clean......... I mean dirtier mode, and pending a non MIL P2000 VAG 08192

And not a fart in 0x33..........

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

10. Likes Uwe liked this post