Forum: Reference Scans and Maps of Non-Broken Cars

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Sorry if in the wrong section of forum, didn't know where else to post this!

In the above thread sticky the Ross Tech guy talks about maps, being new to VCDS I am still learning, however the link video talks about engine Redirect Fail, advises what to do with auto scan and then do another auto scan straight after the first. I have seen this example of a redirect fail and didn't know if this was a problem or not with the engine controller. This problem was on the T5 and initially I thought it was a fault because of the engine fault codes present, however, all fault codes circuits having been fixed don't log any fault codes anymore since the last fault was in the engine controller circuit, and I changed the engine coolant sensor for a G18 fault I think if I remember correctly, was told by a member on here I was talking rubbish, yet many months have passed by, the van is used everyday and the fault code now does not re-appear, so a fix is done in my mind, the evidence backs that up.

I'm not sure what the Ross Tech information is getting at by advising to complete an auto scan, then go into the maps, change data to number 2, then do another auto scan, the video does not explain any further about this, it goes onto advising about sending data to Ross Tech. I think I am going to follow these instructions from the video Wednesday and see what happens with the engine redirect fail label, then post back.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"Redir Fail" is shown when VCDS is aware that a control module part number exists, but it cannot find a label file for that module anyway. Most often this happens when someone has made a label file for that module in language other than English, but it is not currently available in English. It can also happen when a label file is still a "work in progress" that is not ready to be published.

Making maps of modules that don't have label files helps us verify what we know about that module and can speed up the availability of a label file for those modules.

-Uwe-

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
"Redir Fail" is shown when VCDS is aware that a control module part number exists, but it cannot find a label file for that module anyway. Most often this happens when someone has made a label file for that module in language other than English, but it is not currently available in English. It can also happen when a label file is still a "work in progress" that is not ready to be published.

Making maps of modules that don't have label files helps us verify what we know about that module and can speed up the availability of a label file for those modules.

-Uwe-

Not put VCDS back on the van today, will do it before I release the van. I don't want to ramble on here about the van its the wrong thread for it:facepalm:

Back