Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW T6 4motion esc disable

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume this is OK to post (since VW made it work on other models...), and it may not work, but try it :-)

Turn ignition onto position 1, turn on hazard lights, press the accelerator down and up 5 times... see if "ESC off" comes up on the dash :-)

2. Likes Uwe, mattylondon, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That only works as long as you keep the hazards ON. Also it won't deactivate ASR. It's essentially a roller mode...
    Last edited by Sebastian; 07-29-2016 at 05:03 AM.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about disconnecting steering angle sensor g85. This should only mess up with esp and leave the abs ok. At lest it what it did to my old t5 when I installed a golf 6 steering wheel before I did the steering wheel adaptation with vagcom. If I remember good I had no esp but abs was ok. I don't know why I did not remember that earlier. Will make a first test by messing up the g85 adaptation as soon as I got time towel on the van

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised that on vw scene no tuner offer esp remap. On my Toyota gt86 i have esp remap and by pressing cruise control switch I can go through them and it will show by the needle of rpm gauges pointing on 3000 rpm for a few second to say I'm on map number 3 that is the drift map. This map allow wide angle of drift before it kick in. A bit like the drift position on focus RS

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I should sell my VW Van and buy a Mercedes Van. Look like you can disable totally the ESP
    https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBen...3172821739975/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some up date:

A frenchman like me from the mountain gave me an amazing trick for disabling ESP.
    He told me to do the following: with engine running unplug and replug the ESP/ABS/.... Yellow 20A Fuse.
    I did it work like a charm. Just ESP disabled and the warning light for tire pressure is on ( I don't care this one).
    Then when you switch off the car and then back on every thing is back to normal with ESP in function again and no more warning light for the tire pressure.

So then I have install a switch on that fuse location so that I can turn it off and back on to disable the ESP from dash.
    Work perfect.

Very important feature to be able to disable the ESP on snow.
    I 'm finaly happy with my T6 TSI 4motion.

With that mode and ESP off I can still disable the ASR with the oem switch on dash and/or can activate the lock on the rear differential. that's great!
    Should be deliver like that from Factory!!!
    Last edited by mars2; 01-13-2018 at 11:20 AM.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post