DSG MVB interpretation

distrub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192694
Hello. Thank you in advance for response. I am completely new to this forum and probably need a little education , but I have a long experience with troubleshooting VAG cars ;-)

Is there any how to`s for reading and interpretation of MVB of 6- and 7 speed DSG ? I'm thinking for example of interpreting clutch clearance values ​​etc. This is a question on a general basis , then I wonder a bit of this on several cars. If this belongs in another thread administrator can move it ?

Reactions: Uwe

NitrousOxide

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=269481
If it's the DSG controller for older vehicles like the MK5 Golf, then UWE will tell you that your controller is too old. I'm guessing that these controllers have their own undocumented protocols.

As you know the 6-speed DSG is the wet-clutch type that (sometimes) features launch control

While

The 7-speed DSG is the dry-clutch type (like a good old-fashioned manual gearbox) and doesn't come with the option of launch control in the mechatronic unit.

If you are concerned about the clutch clearance, then I'd suggest you do an adaptation (so that the engagement point will be calibrated back to OEM spec). This did wonders for my launch control and the fact that my car used to roll in reverse on an incline instead of creeping forward.

What I really want the MVB interpretations for is to be able to adjust the shift points for better fuel efficiency when not drag-racing.

distrub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192694
Hello and thanks for the reply . I have worked for many years as Audi techniques, and when I needed support on DSG I was told to submit MVB . Then MVB interpreted and I got an answer on what I should do. This was done at the factory , and I never knew what they were looking for . I dont remember which MVB i sendt inn. Im not working for Audi anymore, so i dont have acces. I have changed many clutch packs on both 6 and 7 DSG . What I was wondering is if there is someone who sits with an overview of how MVB on these boxes should be interpreted so that one can read on the basis MVB about clutches are worn or not . It helps little to perform basic setting if clutches are worn :-)

Back