VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Over 7000 words in ~150 paragraphs. You wouldn't want to point out the relevant section(s) would you?

-Uwe-

Did you know I believe they are "All" relevant In my opinion & as a Useful life expert you should bullet point the search phrase "USEFUL LIFE"?

Did you know "Basically" the same can be observed if not more in medium sized vehicles under part 86?

(e) The manufacturer may choose to include in such instructions an explanation of any distinction between the useful life specified on the label, and the emissions defect and emissions performance warranty period. The explanation must clearly state that theuseful life period specified on the label represents the average period of use up to retirement or rebuild for the engine family represented by the engine used in the vehicle. An explanation of how the actual useful lives of engines used in various applications are expected to differ from the average useful life may be included. The explanation(s) shall be in clear, non-technical language that is understandable to the ultimate purchaser.
(f) If approved by the Administrator, the instructions provided to purchasers under paragraph (a) of this section shall indicate what adjustments or modifications, if any, are necessary to allow the vehicle to meet applicable emission standards at elevations above 4,000 feet, or at elevations of 4,000 feet or less.
(g) Manufacturers are subject to the service-information requirements of § 86.1808-01(f) beginning in the 2005 model year for manufacturers of heavy-duty vehicles and heavy-duty engines weighing 14,000 pounds gross vehicle weight (GVW) and less that are subject to the OBD requirements of this part.
(h) The manufacturer shall furnish or cause to be furnished to the purchaser of each new motor engine subject to the standards prescribed in § 86.004-10 or § 86.004-11, as applicable, the following:
(1) Instructions for all maintenance needed after the end of the useful life of the engine for critical emissions-related components as provided in § 86.004-25(b), including recommended practices for diagnosis, cleaning, adjustment, repair, and replacement of the component (or a statement that such component is maintenance free for the life of the engine) and instructions for accessing and responding to any emissions-related diagnostic codes that may be stored in on-board monitoring systems;

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
csm_TestCUBE2_Application_e282aba6e5.png
TestCUBE2_Simulationsdaten.jpg

https://automotive.softing.com/products/products-for-testing/testcube-ecu-simulation.html

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Depends on plugins .....& Goal :rolleyes:

Everyone's budget is unique, not everything is about money, is it?

Simulation of messages on communication to test or for retrofits that don't belong for non regulated toys?

Soon I expect to see more and more simulation device's to bypass security and tools like this, show it on CAN or at least so you may identify the messages by can-analyser.
Example....

Car torn apart window switches or door lock unresponsive due to handle etc..... Broadcast a command, roll up or down windows open a door.

Example two...

Steering column out and all harness to it on bench but you want to do a light check or verify BCM is functioning isolated, plug in run routine or build a test.

Clearly not for everyone but doesn't hurt to report it here for people curiosity and get a quote, because when they do VCDS is appreciated all the more for it's cost!

Maybe RT should consider some broadcast features for VCDS as an enhancement plugin?

The cheap version...........under 100 USD!

Recording and isolating commands from buttons or controls on BUS is fun & even more fun when you rebroadcast them for beginners!

https://www.ebay.com/p/759634405?iid=171807020072

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...derstanding-of-!&p=47357&viewfull=1#post47357

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312808395346

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The splendid possibility of using outboard roller chains in all auto and especially VAG applications to reduce stretch/friction/lubrication strict requirements, gain HP, lowering GHG's and gaining MPG, well is a NostraJackASS dream prophecy that needed to become a reality!

THIS and THIS are JUNK!
images
images

http://www.tsubaki.ca/pdfs/general2.pdf

sr_01_en.png

THIS ABOVE IS RIGHT!

The other experiment is MAG LIFT chain rails experiment, currently conducting now & to float the chain on a cushion of electromagnetic frictionless chain drive to reduce drag!

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Everyone has to do their part and get their free stuff covered under useful life warranty extensions!

TDI
Extended Emissions Warranty Information

If you are a current owner or lessee of an affected 2.0-litre or 3.0-litre TDI vehicle and an authorized dealer in Canada has completed the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) for your vehicle, you will receive an extended emissions warranty.
Please select your vehicle model and year from the list for additional details about the extended emissions warranty coverage If you do not see your vehicle on the list, an AEM is not currently approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for your vehicle. Extended emissions warranty coverage is available only for vehicles that receive an AEM approved by the EPA.
Recall notices will be mailed to affected owners and lessees when an EPA-approved AEM launches in Canada and can be received free of charge from authorized dealerships.

2009 Jetta
2009 Jetta Wagon

2009 Touareg
2010 Jetta
2010 Golf Wagon
2010 Golf

2010 Touareg
2011 Jetta
2011 Golf Wagon
2011 Golf

2011 Touareg
2012 Jetta
2012 Golf Wagon
2012 Golf

2012 Passat (automatic transmission only)
2012 Touareg
2013 Jetta
2013 Golf Wagon
2013 Golf
2013 Beetle

2013 Passat (automatic transmission only)
2013 Touareg
2014 Jetta
2014 Golf Wagon
2014 Beetle

2014 Passat (automatic transmission only)
2014 Touareg
2015 Beetle
2015 Golf
2015 Golf Wagon
2015 Jetta
2015 Passat

2015 Touareg
2016 Touareg

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
STOP FOD TAMPERING NOW!

eTu9lha.png

Don't Tamper with EPA/CARB NHTSA AECD'S/Safety devices, nor engage Defeat devices of ANY kind, not at home in driveway or at your professional shop or virtually online in the forums, do you know why?

In regards to, "scenarios" Did you know, You as a professional shop or a Consumer & manufacturer of a product could and most likely be fined for or both according to EPA/NHTSA/CARB unilaterally and maybe & even if you think you are considered an unwittingly participant of the vicarious scope of liabilities & are "VERY" real?

Did you know the excuse "because the factory scan tool can do it", or "it came in like that", it is not an excuse in many cases anymore?

Sample Scenarios:

Scenario 2:

A service provider is tasked with repairing leaky urea valves on a customer’s newly purchased used vehicle. While repairing the leaks, a technician discovers a number of SCR valve sensors have been altered. The technician completes the piping repairs, and notifies the customer and his service manager about the sensors. The customer leaves the facility.  VIOLATION – The service provider only completed one of two steps necessary to avoid a potential fine — it notified the customer of the tampering. It did not bring the vehicle back to spec. The vehicle’s new owner and the service provider can be fined, even though neither actually committed the tampering.

Scenario 4:

A customer requests a service provider use its computer software to modify the SCR control codes on two tractors. The technician notifies his service manager of the request and he approves it. No other vehicle hardware is touched during the computer work. Once the work is complete, the customer takes his trucks and leaves the facility. 30 Sample Scenarios:  Scenario 4: A customer requests a service provider use its computer software to modify the SCR control codes on two tractors. The technician notifies his service manager of the request and he approves it. No other vehicle hardware is touched during the computer work. Once the work is complete, the customer takes his trucks and leaves the facility.  VIOLATION – This qualifies as tampering. A service provider may only alter an electronic control module (ECM) to undo tampering and bring a vehicle back to compliance. And because the single act of tampering occurring on two vehicles, the service provider is now susceptible to a $90,536 fine.

Did you know you could educate yourself by seeing examples in the detailed PDF link for the scope of your potential vicarious liabilities and possibly more?

Don't you want to get into the spirit of doing stuff right, take pride in one's work, learn how stuff works and demand access to tools or repair information if it is being hidden by an OEM obfuscation & on some offsite out of Country server by citing "The Clean Air Act", "The Fast Act" & more recently voted in, "The Right to Repair Act", don't take shortcuts to what is perceived as easy money, okay?

Stop FOD Tampering!

NostraJackASS Has Spoken!

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Did you know the excuse "because the factory scan tool can do it", or "it came in like that", it is not an excuse in many cases anymore?
VIOLATION – The service provider only completed one of two steps necessary to avoid a potential fine — it notified the customer of the tampering. It did not bring the vehicle back to spec. The vehicle’s new owner and the service provider can be fined, even though neither actually committed the tampering.
This is an utterly outrageous act of regulatory overreach. What is the service provider supposed to do? Impound the vehicle if the customer refuses authorize the repair to being it back into spec?

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is an utterly outrageous act of regulatory overreach. What is the service provider supposed to do? Impound the vehicle if the customer refuses authorize the repair to being it back into spec?

-Uwe-

Think so, I blame these schmucks?

It's going to suck and indeed happen, no, just what is our vicarious liability?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What is the service provider supposed to do? Impound the vehicle if the customer refuses authorize the repair to being it back into spec?
Wanna test that in court? I'll buy some POS that's obviously non-conforming, bring it to you for some other work, and you tell me you can't give it back to me until it's fully up-to-snuff.

The trouble is that most people who can't afford to have their vehicles fixed right also can't afford to go to court over something like this. ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wanna test that in court? I'll buy some POS that's obviously non-conforming, bring it to you for some other work, and you tell me you can't give it back to me until it's fully up-to-snuff.

The trouble is that most people who can't afford to have their vehicles fixed right also can't afford to go to court over something like this. ;)

-Uwe-

Sounds like a flood of free trucks by mechanics lien?

Me personally I am not interested in procuring vehicles like this or working on them for people that could never afford a repair anyway?

Funny thing in one of those news videos, "They" claim people are buying very expensive trucks and paying upward of $4K to add a rolling coal mod, I wouldn't know the cost, however, does that seem indicative of someone that could afford a loss in court or lien against their home by judgment?

Considering big trucks like this are all trading over 50-100K$ new or well more than what a small nefarious unfriendly gasoline type vehicle might cost or produce in SMOG, right? :p

I think I'm just saying CYA and a bit of teasing!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Your original example had nothing to do with Rolling Coal.
While repairing the leaks, a technician discovers a number of SCR valve sensors have been altered.
A malfunctioning SCR system does not produce visible emissions.

Heck, I can bring my Touareg up. Its all stock (I've owned it since new) but does not have any Dieselgate fixes. You gonna impound it until I let you "fix" it? ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
A malfunctioning SCR system does not produce visible emissions.

Heck, I can bring my Touareg up. Its all stock (I've owned it since new) but does not have any Dieselgate fixes. You gonna impound it until I let you "fix" it? ;)

-Uwe-

I wouldn't because the COC certificate as originally certified and purchased has not changed in any of the physical vehicles as a result of diesel-gate and in NYS a car can be registered even if fix not done, in CA that is not the case, right?
Plus your car is registered in a different state & so it brings different requirements to the table to consider by exemption & to get you on your way back to the land of Endless Coal fires, Oranges or Pawpaws! :p

I'd say yes it indeed does say when gasses are out by MIL, well to degree not already cheating by MIL & should display should it not in at least that spec or a CAL ID or CVN and that is my limitation since a vehicle is a CAA IM240 test system on wheels allegedly right?

If you were registered in NYS or other & I found electronic tampering to hide the aforementioned CAL ID/CVN or readiness and indeed this does happen outside the original COC or even lawful approved changes & if I was inspecting/repairing the vehicle and found clear mechanical tampering and someone was trying to test me or put me or company in harm's way by deliberate act , than I'd contact the DMV/DEC and EPA, ask for written guidance & if I was unanswered, I would personally remove the registration and stickers plus plates and turn them into DMV + pay the fee + demand they revoke the if NYS registration until they force the consumer to take their vehicle out by tow truck & to go fix elsewhere and make them get an inspection at the salvage facility of NYS to cover my ass & with a DEC police report to watch it leave by video taken & waving goodbye!

Indeed I have done this only one or two times, however, it was due to a safety issue many many years ago and I couldn't release the car in good conscience and in end paid for the customers tow home too & because I felt that strong about it!
A local lawyer/judge in other town called me to threaten me too and he back pedaled in end and we towed it to consumers home in agreement & that I was right and his client was WRONG to possibly consider putting someone else on road at risk!

In the many cases I have encountered tampering, most people pay or I have helped to return the vehicle to comport at my own cost/time.
Now after getting burned by the aforementioned to a degree and by "tuners" I have moved to significant up front fees to protect me and apply them toward repairs to cover my ass.

I wouldn't be a dick and steal their/your truck or car!

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You may be wondering why I try to qualify a useful life warranty or tampering before making any recommendations while clearly documenting it?

Here is why & so should you right, we are required to do it by law and can be held responsible for acts we even did not purport, plus as described in aforementioned examples is a wake up call?

In aforementioned memo. https://www.epa.gov/sites/productio...rmarket-defeat-devices-2019-mcdi-mtg-33pp.pdf

As per EPA.......

Consumers and service technicians should investigate warranty implications in advance.

Tampering can void manufacturer warranties and insurance agreements if the tampering can be shown to have caused the failure.

When determining whether service performed on an element of an emission control system was illegal tampering, the EPA typically compares the element after the service to the element’s fully functioning certified configuration, rather than to the element’s configuration prior to the service.

Where a person is asked to perform service on an element of an emission control system that has already been tampered, the EPA will generally take no enforcement action if the person restores the element to its certified configuration or declines to perform the service.

Fact Sheet: Exhaust System Repair Guidelines, available at

tampering@epa.gov

Report violations online:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
( SAS ) "G85" or Steering angle sensor

XMAS EVE GIFT BY JPPSG amendment!

Okay.........I am sick of this G85 convoluted problem I keep seeing and it is indeed pervasive!

Often a SAS/G85 sensor is changed and is not needed!

Before you change an alleged bad G85, with the MIL lights lit on dash and codes for out of calibration etc.

STOP THE FOD VERIFY MECHANICALS!

eTu9lha.png

With vehicle in lifted position.
Loosen up subframe bolts & be prepared to change them, they are stretch bolts, OKAY?
Break free tie rod jam nuts and ball joints spraying with proper penetrating fluids with intent to relax or adjust everything, OKAY?

Lower car to work height & battery charger connected as per RTFB connect the famous VCDS scan tool to DLC.
Turn ignition ON, make a backup auto-scan & not running since when running the SAS/G85 is used for well known nefarious documented activity by legacy issues at Jokeswagen!

Save scan and all codes.....
Verify codes if a fuse, power/ground short/open or wiring issue etc. using WD & correct them.

Still access measuring blocks to observe SAS/G85 in VCDS if possible before wasting time on aforementioned because it takes seconds!

Turn steering wheel and see if you can see readings left/right and or achieve a "zeroing" of zero degrees!

If you can zero out on VCDS scanner and see left and right ranges, lock steering wheel with tool to seat or improvise with tool like below & even if you dont have a rack, get one of these for your shop, dont be a schmuck!

Verify the ABS sensor counts too in blocks by spinning wheels and logging them!

9380_500x.jpg

Now that SAS/G85 is at zero degrees and steering wheel locked by aforementioned type tool, turn ignition OFF and go observe the subframe + rack points, tie rods, control arms, ball joints and uprights hanging, OKAY?
That means remove wheel hub caps and look for damage on rims too inside and out + spin wheels, look for being out of round too, OKAY?

Are you listening & reading this, invision me looking at you over the top of my glasses with laser beams , I said look at the aforementioned you idiot & observe all? :p

Often the entire subframe is shifted when car takes a shot to the unibody in addition to something being bent!

In many cases the subframe can be shifted or relaxed in direction to center it to SAS/G85 using inserted bars.......do this first!
Lock down subframe with old bolts at new compensated position or centered first.
Now make compensations to ball joints and tie rods as specified in RTFB or replace obviously damaged parts using good engineering judgment.

NOTE: Before a test drive or unlocking steering wheel tool, hook up VCDS again and verify you didn't bump the zero line of SAS/G85!
If you did you may need to start over. I check the zero line after each compensation in really screwy changes!

Go road test and perform the SAS/G85 in parking area.
Achieved GREAT!
Now change one stretch bolt at a time to subframe to maintain the new learned position and torque as per RTFB?

It should be noted that I have now saved several hundred SAS/G85 sensors from falsely requiring replacement and indeed were diagnosed as bad at a dealer or private shop & not being needed!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is specific to a vehicle and is considered PII.

What qualifies as PII?
Further, PII is defined as information: (i) that directly identifies an individual (e.g., name, address, social security number or other identifying number or code, telephone number, email address, etc.) or (ii) by which an agency intends to identify specific individuals in conjunction with other data elements, i.e., ...

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is an important recall PDF so I will put it here for TFSI......

Safety Recall Code: 24AP Subject: Certain 2011-2013 Audi S4, S5, A6, A7 and Q7 with 3.0L TFSI Engine Fuel Injection System Leak January 30, 2015

It appears many alleged vehicles have not been updated or warrantied under useful life warranty huh and are now possibly due entire new engines and AECD's as a result & possibly widespread to later years huh?

Problem Description Due to a combination of production tolerance issues and vehicle vibration during dynamic driving, it is possible that, in rare cases, a fuel leak may occur in the vehicle's fuel injection system. Leaking fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, may result in a fire. Additionally, some vehicles may benefit from having the thermostat and/or the crankcase pressure valve updated. Repairs to these other components are not related to the safety recall, but can be easily performed at the same time as recall repair.

Not such a rare occasion now that statistics are in showing more widespread failures than aforementioned in TSB recall huh?

Did you know fuel is still leaking on these vehicles and in a vapor effecting fuel MPG and emissions not just fires?

Ever wonder why you couldn't find the air leak, fuel injector leak or understand how you had DTC's sporadically or not at all?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Additionally, some vehicles may benefit from having the thermostat and/or the crankcase pressure valve updated. Repairs to these other components are not related to the safety recall, but can be easily performed at the same time as recall repair.
Translation: We'd like to get some money from the customer while the car is in for a free safety recall.

-Uwe-

Back