Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacks Professional Problem Solver Guide. "JPPSG"

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

Jacks Professional Problem Solver Guide. "JPPSG"

Jacks Professional Problem Solver Guide. "JPPSG"

Make / Model / Year / Edition.

Step 1 Tag of PR-Build data picture posted ( Last 6 of VIN can be omitted for privacy )

Step 2 Status of car stock or modified in any way? If so list!

Step 3 "VCDS" COMPLETE Auto-Scan in code tags!

Step 4 Describe recent repairs or services, problem at hand, & attempts at repair.

Step 5 Are parts OEM or AFT? If so, "what", and what origin?

Step 6 Identify specific issues to be addressed/concerned about, or say ALL.

Step 7 Now that you jumped through the first few hoops of fire, did you check the FUSES/Battery connections?

Good Information Guideline.

1 Focus discussion on symptom description!

2 Ask questions that clarify what, when, where, & frequency.

3 Summarize your understanding & get agreement in forum or from colleagues.

4 Explain what you will do to proceed, & get forum acknowledgement.

5 Do you have a proper repair manual? If not get one!
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...Wiring-Diagram

6 Do you know how to read a schematic? If not see "How to read WD section" or link to Jef.
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...(final-version)

7 Check part numbers are accurate, & firmware versions of VCDS + respective controllers are of latest release.

8 Did you check CHARGING SYSTEM HEALTH, BATTERY & FUSES "YET"?

Diagnosing, Brain storming, & the Final Solution!

1 Describe problem ( List known symptoms ) Nix opinions or disguised solutions

2 Verify & Analyze ( Duplicate if possible, & list possible causes...... RTFB! the trouble tree, TSB's & for FOD )
    Further..... FOD of hardware, & or electronically modified firmware/software/emissions defeat/delete devices is essential now...... do not negate this! Look for any discrepancies in codification when compared to other modules. Actually review Time Stamps Miles and the information made available in a DTC, such as a G or N destinations and use as a search in WD.

3 Locate the problem ( Prioritize and identify work times + safety limits, the use of chemicals or tool requirements )

4 Repair the Problem ( Determine the cause & not just treat an effect )

5 Conduct a quality Check of your work and verify you fixed it!
    Always follow up reporting back to the Forum to help the next guy.

IF ANY OF THE ABOVE IS TOO MUCH TO COMPLY WITH, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL SHOP VISIT.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 04-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack got his own sticky.
    Good job Jack at least someone approves of your input.

Good Luck

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and your fee schedule?

Naa, Jack like many others, gives of his knowledge for free. Truly free as he asks for nothing in return. The only thing I'd like to ask in return; is when you [eventually] find the fault or solution to your problem, please close the thread with a follow-up post. I hate to be left han...

Post Thanks / Like
    Please add to list for no starts.......

In no start situation's............

Is vehicle actually cranking verse cranking and not starting.......?

Is vehicle cranking and does it have fuel or spark missing, compression or obstructed intake or exhaust with a no start......?
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes Jetta ,97, Harris, drewhastheinternet liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use only audi parts, audi manuals, VCDS. Why are you trying to bust my head with all the acronyms?! I will check the fuses and yes I know how to read a wiring diagram, pictures help. PR?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is not the case ........I am trying to get you to remove your head from your ass and point you to guides......... that will help you, help us, help you.

9. Likes Ashraf6119 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    my head already hurts from all this, I think I will leave it there a while longer

11. Likes vwtech, Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Sketchy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Jack got the point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rule amendment..........

If car is outside warranty and you are doing a repair/diagnosis.

Read codes via auto-scan and archive from JPPSG rule 3

Advanced users!
    Read 0x08-000>255 block value adaptions, to see where the thresholds are, during last DCY & reference last learned value...... log them/archive.
    Example 0x01-08-034 what's 3'rd field say of OXS..........or trims or CAT amplitude etc. etc..

Clear codes see what immediately comes back/address them if needed..... if clear....... do the reset of all adaptions ..........then commence readiness tests for two DCY's.

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

14. Likes Harris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rule amendment..........JPPSG

Anytime doing and auto-scan, an additional scan should be done of the OBD2 mode with VCDS.
    This is done for comparison of the data reported on the proprietary side or lack there of.

Additionally this helps cross check errors in the ECU diagnostic stack for FOD, Firmware revision, and helps to possibly debug VCDS if an inconsistency issue should arise.

Do your part and join the collective........."resistance is futile!"

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

16. Likes Harris liked this post