Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mk7 Golf Cruise Control Retrofit Issues

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    GeoDCS: as you have been through quite a bit of these retrofits: Does the 8v/MQB A3 behave the same as this MK7 Golf? I want to retrofit CCS to my own car, but I don't know if me, myself and VCDS would be successful.

Do I need the dealer's help with connecting the car to have SVM performed? Can I perform the retrofit entirely on my own?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello guys,
    Golf MK7, same problem with the fault code on engine regarding coding of ECU in powertrain data bus after retrofitting CCS.
    Engine code is CRBC, pinout conected from steering wheel controler pin 5 to engine controler pin 46 for this engine ECU.
    All coding done like in the ross tech wiki page.
    I will post an autoscan later on.
    Any ideas someone? GeoDCS have you sorted out in the end?

Kind regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Volkswagen Golf MKV 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 SEAT LEON FR 1.8TSI MY2018 Some of the work I've done and cared to make a picture.
    Our webpage and Facebook page Heads up, it's in Estonian language.
    The world is my oyster...

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply. CCS in this case is MFSW based,not on turning stalk. Main difference in this is the coding for steering wheel module that i have sorted out it should be CCS not installed.

The engine for that guide is gasoline 1.2 tsi that involves replacing accelerator pedal. For 2.0 cr CRBC engine is this necesary to?

I want to mention that the speed limiter function is functioning properly but the cruise control function icon appears with the “attention” mark on the display and it does not function at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirceaciuciuc View Post
    Thank you for your reply. CCS in this case is MFSW based,not on turning stalk. Main difference in this is the coding for steering wheel module that i have sorted out it should be CCS not installed.

The engine for that guide is gasoline 1.2 tsi that involves replacing accelerator pedal. For 2.0 cr CRBC engine is this necesary to?

I want to mention that the speed limiter function is functioning properly but the cruise control function icon appears with the “attention” mark on the display and it does not function at all.
    Acc. pedal is needed to be changed only if kick-down is missing.

Point of my post was that You need to have FEC enabled and transfered to gateway for Cruise to be working. As Cruise is now SWAP function, meaning You have to pay VW. Swap codes are only included in VW retrofit kits and can only be activated via online connection through ODIS to VW motherserver.
    Volkswagen Golf MKV 2.0TDI-8V 4MOTION MY2007 SEAT LEON FR 1.8TSI MY2018 Some of the work I've done and cared to make a picture.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it now. Is the swap code universal valid or do we have to buy a retrofit kit from the dealer to have this swap code.

Meaning, can the dealer use any swap code from any retrofitting kit to enable this function?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirceaciuciuc View Post
    Got it now. Is the swap code universal valid or do we have to buy a retrofit kit from the dealer to have this swap code.

Meaning, can the dealer use any swap code from any retrofitting kit to enable this function?
    As the document included with my cruise kit contained random numbers and letters, I only guess it's specific and 1 time usable, then tied to car VIN.
    PS! After FEC was implemented, PR code also changed when viewing VIN in PL24. It was 8T0 - No Cruise to 8T6 - Cruise with speed limiter.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ghlight=cruise
    Seems like Don can help You also. Contact to him seems quicker via WeChat.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    As the document included with my cruise kit contained random numbers and letters, I only guess it's specific and 1 time usable, then tied to car VIN.
    PS! After FEC was implemented, PR code also changed when viewing VIN in PL24. It was 8T0 - No Cruise to 8T6 - Cruise with speed limiter.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ghlight=cruise
    Seems like Don can help You also. Contact to him seems quicker via WeChat.
    Just a heads up, Don is away on holidays until the beginning of March.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|DAB RNS|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Just a heads up, Don is away on holidays until the beginning of March.
    Was that booked and approved in advance??? I hope someone booked a locum.

I didn't get the memo.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    Was that booked and approved in advance??? I hope someone booked a locum.

I didn't get the memo.
    He certainly didn't seek my approval....he replied to a message from me with some lame excuse about being in Vietnam and on vacation...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|DAB RNS|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0

14. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post