Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 A3 - Disable Parking Lights - US Spec?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright so with the values tested above..

After step 1, yes, both front turning indicators were lit, as were the side ones (the ones I'm trying to turn off)

After step 2, I can confirm that the front turning indicators didn't work with the headlights off (if just the DRL strips were on) yet they DID work with the headlights on.

So it looks like you found the control for those front signals, but I'm not looking to alter those. I'm still looking to turn off the side "parking lights" when the headlights are on. Now that I think of it, I don't even think they blink so I'm just looking to turn them off completely.
    Last edited by AudiSportB5S4; 04-26-2016 at 08:39 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is my friend from the UK?!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is some confusion on what you have and what you want to turn off - I know I'm confused :-)

Can you do step 1 then take a pic of the front of your car and upload it?

Then I can see exactly what you have. I assume you want to turn off your amber marker lights...
    I await the pic :-p

Ps take he keys out the ignition for the pic

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright.. Here's the pic!

So you're controlling the front turning indicators which I'm not looking to change. I am hoping to turn off those amber side markers that illuminate with the headlights on.

Last edited by AudiSportB5S4; 05-02-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait I'm confused. The ones near the grille or the fenders?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m_bolc View Post
    The ones near the grille are his indicators, they are currently on as he was trying a tweak I suggested.
    I originally thought that he was describing his indicators were lit dimly not that there was a completely separate amber marker light.
    I actually think that this looks kinda cool :-) but thoses amber markers do look naff!

I'll post up another suggestion

7. Likes AudiSportB5S4 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The goofy ones by the fenders.. Damn America! Am I right in guessing these aren't powered up on cars outside of these regions? All other Audi's I've ever had it's been considered the "American parking lights" that aren't required outside of the States and I think Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpower View Post
    The ones near the grille are his indicators, they are currently on as he was trying a tweak I suggested.
    I originally thought that he was describing his indicators were lit dimly not that there was a completely separate amber marker light.
    I actually think that this looks kinda cool :-) but thoses amber markers do look naff!

I'll post up another suggestion
    Haha thank you again for your efforts.

I really thought it would have been the (4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert - Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada because I think only US and Canada has the requirement for those amber corner lights. When I changed this I think I did "not active" but then looking through the CSV, maybe I also had to do something to another module perhaps (5)-Driving light and parking light-Standlichtreduzierung mit beidseitigem Parklicht ?

I can't wait to figure this out.. lol. On my other Audi's it's been a checkbox in the long coding helper to deactivate them so I'm sure VCDS would appreciate the efforts as I'm not the only one who thinks it looks better when they're off!
    Last edited by AudiSportB5S4; 05-03-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, here are the dreaded lights I'm trying to turn off!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, that looks awful!

Would you mind grabbing a controller channel map of Central Electronics? I'll take a look at it and have a suggestion.

Regards,
    -MB

11. Likes AudiSportB5S4 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, that looks awful!

Would you mind grabbing a controller channel map of Central Electronics? I'll take a look at it and have a suggestion.

Regards,
    -MB
    Right?! haha..

I actually posted one earlier in this thread, but here it is again. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gmvclnv1b...3_Map.CSV?dl=0

Thanks for offering assistance