Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 A3 - Disable Parking Lights - US Spec?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Before you make the changes that I suggested, I forgot to mention that you should make sure that any alteration to the lamp functions in the car are consistent with your local laws/rules.

I would never forgive myself if Mr-Plod from the local constabulary- who was particularly well versed in the lighting requirements for vehicles in your area, took offence at the missing parking lights!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, no worries. On my B5 S4 I just pulled the bulb and since it's a dual filament I removed one of the contact points on the bulb to achieve the same thing.. Technology has made our lives harder in a way

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I tried changing the value on the below line from 30 to 0, but that didn't work. Any other ideas for turning off the parking lights?

(6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was really thinking it would be in this one: (4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert - Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada

I set it to not active and it was still illuminated. Searching the internet yields results that are talking about this but not specific to my platform. Feel like I'm close ish

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportB5S4 View Post
    So I tried changing the value on the below line from 30 to 0, but that didn't work. Any other ideas for turning off the parking lights?

(6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportB5S4 View Post
    I was really thinking it would be in this one: (4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert - Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada

I set it to not active and it was still illuminated. Searching the internet yields results that are talking about this but not specific to my platform. Feel like I'm close ish

Audisport: I'm somewhat surprised that my tweak didn't work! I wouldn't start changing adaptation channels at random. Observation is the key to problem solving - so what did happen when you made the changes as I suggested? Whilst it's possible that the Leuchte-set was not for the correct lamps, the answer can't be "nothing" - another parking light may have been disabled.

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your adaptations are definitely bizzare, there are some channels which are turned on but brightness set to 0.
    I can't see anything which shares the DRL and indicator clearly so if none of the suggestions have worked so far then it may be worth trying an overriding channel.

Let me look through again and give you another option.
    This works buy setting a DRL adaptation to 0% brightenes and the dimmerwert channel to minimise. Thus overriding the channel to illuminate the bulb.

I have done this before with success but not exactly like yours.

8. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpower View Post
    Your adaptations are definitely bizzare, there are some channels which are turned on but brightness set to 0.
    I can't see anything which shares the DRL and indicator clearly so if none of the suggestions have worked so far then it may be worth trying an overriding channel.

Let me look through again and give you another option.
    This works buy setting a DRL adaptation to 0% brightenes and the dimmerwert channel to minimise. Thus overriding the channel to illuminate the bulb.

I have done this before with success but not exactly like yours.
    Ah okay thanks Xpower. I wonder if mine is any different from another stock A3s in the States.. I wouldn't imagine so. I feel like the easiest thing to do would be to refer to a similar year A3 in EU since I know they don't power the "parking lights" like we do here.. Hate them!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend with an A3 which I made some lighting mods to. His Adaption channels are like my Octavias, very different to yours.

Let me look over the weekend

11. Likes AudiSportB5S4 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a test can you set the following channels to what i've listed:

(12)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lichtfunktion E 0 from "not active" to "Always"
    (14)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert EF 0 from "0" to "100"
    (12)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lichtfunktion E 1 from "not active" to "Always"
    (14)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert EF 1 "0" to "100"

exit VCDS and take the keys out of the ignition, does that leave the 2 front indicators on permanently? if yes proceed to the next step, if not which lights are active?

(12)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lichtfunktion E 0 from "not active" to "Daytime Running Light"
    (14)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert EF 0 make sure this is back to 0
    (15)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimming Direction EF 0 from "maximise" to "minimise"

(12)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lichtfunktion E 1 from "not active" to "Daytime Running Light"
    (14)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert EF 1 make sure this is back to 0
    (15)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimming Direction EF 1 from "maximise" to "minimise"

let us know what results that produces

13. Likes AudiSportB5S4 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give that a shot tonight and report back, thanks for your time!