0u0hrkF.jpg

tdz8R0l.jpg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hi. I can't get module 42 to appear.....
hmm......... again - if:
  • Power supply pins are correctly wired
  • CAN hi-low pin-polarity is correct and wired to the correct CAN bus
  • hex42 added to Installation list in hex19 module
and the module still doesn't talk to the CAN network- then the module is faulty

I have also installed the MIB2, screen and keyboard, and I would like to be able to play by doing tests with bluetooh, carplay, etc... in it, but it asks me to give the contact to the vehicle, I think it is Terminal 15, but no I know how to fix it so that it recognizes the contact….
hmm........ check the WD for your car - but I wasn't aware that either J794, or E380 had a T15 pin (happy to be advised otherwise). How are you generating the wake-up message for the CAN network on your test bench and are you simulating the J329 relay (i.e. via the BCM pin)?

Reactions: Uwe

DEL1962

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=503724
I don't have (and never will) need a use for a test bench set-up, but have found this thread to be extremely interesting ...what a knowledgable bunch of guys 😁 👍🏻

Danilo78

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216246
Hi to all dear friends,
After latest upgrades, my V2 tool not work on the bench.....
Someone knows why and if possible solve?

Last edited:

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Please elaborate what "not work on the bench" means and what "latest upgrades" refers to as to version numbers etc.

Danilo78

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216246
Before upgrade sw to 22xx, I did connect on the bench vcds for coding clusters and radio....
No I have "no response from controller"
I use same test bench cables those used with previous sw versions.
I did think is possible need connect gateway unit now, could be possible??

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
I have had a simple testbench originally meant for the PQ35/46/47 platform but now want to try using it for MQB. I've ordered a 3Q0 CAN gateway and I wonder whether reusing the PQ wiring will suffice? The gateway connector pinout is exactly the same. I've solved the ignition in a simple way - every module which has a Terminal 15 input, gets constant +12V there, in addition to normal Terminal 30. So to cycle ignition, I simply turn off the whole thing :) There is no ignition switch nor steering wheel control module. In case of MQB, will I need to add any of that? I only want to use the bench to access and flash modules such as the A5 camera, PDC/PLA, telematics, BCM and maybe cluster.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I've solved the ignition in a simple way - every module which has a Terminal 15 input, gets constant +12V there, in addition to normal Terminal 30. So to cycle ignition, I simply turn off the whole thing
Most of ours are the same way. However, this is not always ideal. Some modules keep things that you would expect to be persistent in RAM while they are powered up and only write them to non-volatile memory when T15 goes away. If T30 goes away at the same time, they are unable to do that.

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
IMO using a standardized "base"-connector and multiplexer is still the way to go for setups where you want to switch between individual modules. Switchable terminal 15+30 and eventually an S-Contact may be needed among the ability to send individual CAN messages to emulate the non-present components.

nugentp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=6386
I posted a thread about a little PQ35 bench loom that I built here. I did it without J527/SWC with a little trick supported on that platform but it may not apply to all platforms. Thread is here. Dana suggested that I cross link it as most of the test bench chat is here - looks a great thread based on a quick skim read... some clever people out there well ahead of me with working CAN shields etc

RollinBubbleDiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=557612
Matty: thanks for the suggestions: A colleague from another forum has research an independent supplier of BCM pins (thanks LIJetta18t) and he has found the AMP MCP Contact 1.5K Contact system to be a fairly good match (see the screen-shot below)

7hQSk3H.png

According to my colleague the part numbers are:
  1. 0.20-0.35mm2 = 1564980-1 Tin/1564980-2 Gold
  2. 0.5-1.0mm2 = 1241374-1 Tin/1241374-2 Gold
  3. 0.5-1.0mm2 two wire crimp = 1241376-1 Tin/1241376-2 Gold
  4. 1.0.1.5mm2 = 1534334-1 Tin
I utterly detest paying the atrocious prices that Dealers demand for Genuine VW connectors (they are good quality - but the mark-up is outrageous), so I would probably buy the AMP connectors if I was fitting new wires to vacant pins on the car. But your suggestion for using spade sockets is a much better idea for the test-bench environment.

Now that you have recounted your story about the BCM, I might try one of these as my next test module - although your experience with this control module doesn't bode well for a bog-rookie like me!

I was encouraged by Sebastian's advice (see previous post) that Component Protection issues wouldn't be a problem for a test-bench set-up but your explanation might well be symptomatic of this issue (I hope not).

Still, the BCM is such an interesting module on the mk7, that I can't pass-up the opportunity to at least try hacking the guts out of the little-beastie!

Don
Hi,

I'm new here, but this is the thread I'm most interested in. For connectors I suggest you get a pigtail and take out the cables you don't need and reuse them as is, without the plastic connector. I have a breakout box as well, but the connectors are too fat for the ECM connecting pins. I haven't figured out all the wiring yet, but there is one CAN that goes into the ECM on pin 69 and 70. They are too close together for the breakout box wiring loom. So I made/am making my own using the connector pins from the pigtail.

Szogun

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403301
Guys, it may be stupid question, but:
there is a chance to run
Skoda MiB2 unit (STD2 ZR 0471T)
on Seat 5F 8 inch display (5F0 919 606)?
I have connected:
CAN,
Reset signals,
2x power supply
+ LVDS.
But the screen is black. Also button backlight don't works.
I saw Skodas unit on VW display - so maybe it also can be done with Seat display?

RollinBubbleDiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=557612

jonese

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=408961
It depends. IMO, half the value in building a workbench of CAN bus devices is learning how each device is connected and wiring your own harness (and the sensors or controls that hang off of them).

dennyzrh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243986
I be looking for a Setup to try, what devices would work on my Golf Mk7, before build in, because it is our every day car.
So I can do the Flashing, Setup and Testing without have the Problem, that Maybe the car won‘t work.
For example 360 Area View or the Active Info Display. Last one was never available on Mk7 with TGi Engine (Compress Natrual Gas), but maybe I can go with a Setup like GTE Hybrid-AID and an Arduino to change and Imitate the Signal from the CNG-Pressure to battery charge which the AID can work and display.

I know, very ambitious and a Lot of reverse Engineering for a newcomer ;)

Pow3rus3r

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=550376
I have a MMI navigation system from an Audi A6 C8 (MH2p) running on my bench. Does anybody know from where it gets the information of date and time? Everytime I start the unit, the time is 00:00 and the date is 01.01.1970. I have connected the gps antenna and it gets valid date and time information from gps (I can read it with VCDS) but it doesn't display this date/time information on the MMI display.
I think, the dashboard unit (17) will send the time information to the 5F unit, right?

Does anybody know the date/time CAN message to manipulate it? Maybe these informations will come over the BAP protocol? Or is there another solution to get date and time without connecting a dashboard-ECU?

Edit: How can I shutdown the MIB unit correctly without cutting the +12V power? In the Audi A6 C8 the MMI Display turns black if I open the driver door. Does anybody know the procedure to shut it down on the testbench?

Best regards,
Tom

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357813
Does anybody know the date/time CAN message to manipulate it? Maybe these informations will come over the BAP protocol? Or is there another solution to get date and time without connecting a dashboard-ECU?
Did you try the message Diagnose_01 ? I can send you some samples from my car in case you need it.

Back