Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Testbench setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Anyhow, just ordered a VW coil from eBay - it's coming from a fictional land near to you which is vaguely connected to Australia and with which we share the same Monarch (not sure how efficient UK postage is- but delivery to the antipodes is not normally quick)!
    In my experience, postage from here to Oz isn't usually too bad unless the seller has been a cheapskate and sent it by boat I've sent a few things across to Oz including one item to Tasmania 3 or 4 years back. In fact the ECU, immobiliser and keys in my video were sent off to a guy in NZ once I'd finished coding them up and they only took 4 or 5 days to arrive if my memory serves me well.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    In my experience, postage from here to Oz isn't usually too bad unless the seller has been a cheapskate and sent it by boat I've sent a few things across to Oz including one item to Tasmania 3 or 4 years back. In fact the ECU, immobiliser and keys in my video were sent off to a guy in NZ once I'd finished coding them up and they only took 4 or 5 days to arrive if my memory serves me well.
    Gary: I like your optimism - we will see!

If I can indulge your kindness a little further -would you mind making a comment regarding my PS question, please (or is my question too specific to the Golf mk7 module on my instrument panel)?

Quote Originally Posted by dv52
    PS: Just to confirm my understanding - I'm assuming that the values that I'm meant to see in Advanced measurement (for the Instrument control module) if the coil reader is working properly is some response in the "Key identification" entries and some type of more-meaningful response from "Transponder ID current Key- Key Transponder ID" record - Is this correct?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Post Thanks / Like
    If I can indulge your kindness a little further -would you mind making a comment regarding my PS question, please (or is my question too specific to the Golf mk7 module on my instrument panel)?

PS: Just to confirm my understanding - I'm assuming that the values that I'm meant to see in Advanced measurement (for the Instrument control module) if the coil reader is working properly is some response in the "Key identification" entries and some type of more-meaningful response from "Transponder ID current Key- Key Transponder ID" record - Is this correct?

I've just checked this on my car and can confirm that the value you see for the "Transponder ID current Key" measuring block is the ID of the transponder that is currently inserted into the ignition. In my case, the ID value I saw next to "Transponder ID current Key" was identical to the value for "Transponder ID Key 2". I haven't tried with no transponder because I have an old school non-KESSY setup which still uses an ignition barrel and bladed key. The ignition needs to be on for VCDS to work and I don't really want to start unnecessarily dismantling my key to remove the transponder just to do a test, so I think we can take your results for granted that with no transponder present you always see a "N/A" value against the "Transponder ID current Key" measuring block

4. Likes DV52, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Gary: Many thanks for taking the time to confirm my question - much appreciated

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13