installing trailer module in my 2013 Passat TDI SE NMS

wispassat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248619
Are there any procedures for coding this 7p1-055-230 trailer module? I have not been able to find much info on this VW module at all anywhere. I will be installing it soon, but I am not sure what modules will need re-coding! Any help would be greatly appreciated.:banghead:

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

If you do have a problem/query you ALWAYS post a full AutoScan of the vehicle in question whether there are any error codes or not as there is more system info in there. How to post an Auto-Scan

Reactions: Uwe

sandmansans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227942
Are there any procedures for coding this 7p1-055-230 trailer module? I have not been able to find much info on this VW module at all anywhere. I will be installing it soon, but I am not sure what modules will need re-coding! Any help would be greatly appreciated.:banghead:

To answer your question, I have not seen any write ups for the NMS regarding the trailer module.

I did however made a write up of the install on my 2014 Jetta. It was the first one that I saw.

Here is the link to the write up. I'd suggest you read it and take into account the headache, time frame etc. If you do in fact choose to go down the path of attempting to install without much to go on.
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-TDI-Trailer-Module-install-coding-and-errors

If after you read the thread and decide that you still want to give it a go, do a full auto scan as suggested by Keithuk. And I (and others I would assume), will help guide you.

wispassat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248619
Well after much research, I've found out the module will not interface easily with my Passat. So i bought a Tekonsha ZCI (Zero Contact Interface) it uses Current transformers that clip around the wires in the car, No splicing! Took a little trial and error to get to work but I eventually had to connect the taillight to the license plate lights then only the left and right directionals. It worked great and easy peasy! And best of all I didn't have to butcher into the wiring harness in the car. thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: Uwe
Back