Not open for further replies.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
US 2014 vw gti drivers edition.

I am looking at either the hex usb can, or hex net.

Hi some questions I missed or could not determine from the faqs or forums;

- does device/software support reading and/or modifying engine and/or transmission tuning? (ie eco vs performance, shift timings, etc)
-- if not, is there anything that can be recommended?
- what functionality (if any) does device/software provide for non-vw/audi vehicles?

I understand the hex-net can be accessed via wifi/web & vcds, but are there any known/recommended (android) apps that can also be used with hex-net or hex/usb/can? (ie torque and similar)

Is there any plans for bluetooth devices?

Stuff I am eventually looking to do with my vehicle, which from what I understand will require vcds;
- check out the various custom coding options available
- switch out rns 315 for rns 510 or whatever is latest at the time, add subs/amps.
- remote start
- find some LED style tail lights that are similar to the LED drl's.

Thanks for any info/comments.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
1. Does device/software support reading and/or modifying engine and/or transmission tuning? (ie eco vs performance, shift timings, etc)
No, VCDS is not a tuning tool. It is a diagnostic tool. By VAG design, the parameters that control the engine/tranny performance are not modifiable by diagnostic protocol.

2. If not, is there anything that can be recommended?
There are tuning products on the market but Ross-Tech does not and will not make recommendations.

3. What functionality (if any) does device/software provide for non-vw/audi vehicles?
VCDS has full OBDII support for all models after 2008. So, the tool can be used as a generic OBDII scan tool on all recent cars using CAN for diagnostics (mandated for all cars in 2008)

I understand the hex-net can be accessed via wifi/web & vcds, but are there any known/recommended (android) apps that can also be used with hex-net or hex/usb/can? (ie torque and similar)
There are no other apps that work with HEX-NET.

Is there any plans for bluetooth devices?
We made the decision that our interface would be accomplished by WiFi for a number of technical reasons. We are not going to make other wireless devices using other technology. We have rejected bluetooth for our wireless devices.

Stuff I am eventually looking to do with my vehicle, which from what I understand will require vcds;
- check out the various custom coding options available
- switch out rns 315 for rns 510 or whatever is latest at the time, add subs/amps.
- remote start
- find some LED style tail lights that are similar to the LED drl's.

Thanks for any info/comments.

Yes, you will need VCDS or the equivalent to accomplish these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back