Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknroj

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215697
just bought the vag-com to help revive my newly aquired t4 manual tranny.

Got the standard obdII device and plugged into my jetta. Software worked and communicated.

Using a generic 2 x 2 adapter to connect to Eurovan, K1 short to ground. For kicks I tried my actron code scanner which cannot communicate with the vehicle.

So the bently guide is all about vag this and vag that for diagnosis.

I checked the pin-outs on the 2 x 2 adapter and puported to be iso 9141-2 standard.

Black + ---- OBDII 16
- OBDII 4 and 5

White K ---- OBDII 7
White L ---- OBDII 15

My multimeter shows around 700 ohms between car body (ground) the K line. So I don't know if this is supposed to be grounded all the time or where to look and what to check. With the battery disconnected, I have the plug to the ecu off . Does anyone have a decent drawing of the plug and where each wire goes. The Bentley schematics are horrible and barely legible for this model year. They look like some cheap photo copies.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Eliminate the generic 2x2 adapter as the source of the problem first. Leave connect the black 2-pin connector to the vehicle, but leave the white one not connected. This gives the interface power and ground, but doesn't connect either K1 or K2/L. Then click [Options] -> [Test] in VCDS. What's the K-Line status now?

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back