HEX-USB+CAN no connection to interface when plug it in USB.

gatis88

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=142357
Hello,

I am using the interface already for about 5 years till now. Buyed it from my local dealer.
I started to get troubles about year ago, sometimes when connecting to USB it says in notification bar UNKNOWN USB DEVICE,
Then I try to reconnect it again and all works well. I was thinking that the problem might be in the cable, when I bow it seems to start working.
Few days ago it stopped working at all, when I connect to USB nothing is happening and no new devices showing in device manager.

Opened the interface case and using tester measured all USB wires.. All pins is good. So it seems that something happened with the interface.

Is there any way to send it back for repair, change, or other. I just don't want to throw it away and buy another for full price.

Regards, Gatis

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Is there any way to send it back for repair, change, or other. I just don't want to throw it away and buy another for full price.
First, register your system for support. Click here for instructions:

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2601-How-to-get-Verified

Once registered and verified, there is probably help available. Ross-Tech here in the USA offer a flat-rate repair option that's much cheaper than purchasing a new interface. I'm not sure how that works if you purchase through one of their authorized resellers, but it seems likely they could help. But, the first step is registration above.

Jason

Back