Fake Tools

itavaltalainen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=178722
The usual one I get to hear is to get off my high horse after I confront a clone user.... ;)
Then tells me his life story how he is soooo piss poor (never mind that he drove an A5) and it would be legitimate for people with little money to use clones.... makes me chuckle, then wanting to punch him.

If I might hazard a guess having scanned the same car with two different interfaces that the dongle serial number gets encoded into a part of the scan for each control module ;)
Unfortunately doesn't help 'us', as in ordinary users, to find out if it's a fake.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Spotted the newest version on eBay today reported user for seller counterfeit goods not like it would make much difference I know
Nice. This one is far more obvious as a fake than the previous generation of fake HEX-V2s (none of which are functionally HEX-V2s at all).

-Uwe-

roma_powa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318230
Just wondering. Is russian version of VCDS, very big supplier in Russia http://vasyadiagnost.com/ is it really supported by ross-tech, or did they just copy the interface and translated it to Russian? They sell it almost worldwide. I was first ordering this Russian version, but then it came to mind, that they always update a little later than Ross-Tech, so it came to my mind that they just copied devices and made money with scamming people for "original Russian version".

BTW just bought hex2(3 vin) from you. Because I'm 90% sure that you have nothing to do with this "VasyaDiagnost".
I actually have their old hex+can device, it says ross-tech on it, bought ages ago. So I tried it with newest VCDS and VCDS didn't recognize the device. So just curious, that probably HUGE market in Europe/Russia/Old Soviet countries - market is flooded with their fake copies of your device?

And this is why your device is so expensive, since millions in Russia just buy a fake one.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just wondering. Is russian version of VCDS, very big supplier in Russia http://vasyadiagnost.com/ is it really supported by ross-tech, or did they just copy the interface and translated it to Russian? They sell it almost worldwide. I was first ordering this Russian version, but then it came to mind, that they always update a little later than Ross-Tech, so it came to my mind that they just copied devices and made money with scamming people for "original Russian version".

BTW just bought hex2(3 vin) from you. Because I'm 90% sure that you have nothing to do with this "VasyaDiagnost".
Correct -- "ВАСЯ" is an illegally pirated copy of our VCDS.

I actually have their old hex+can device, it says ross-tech on it, bought ages ago. So I tried it with newest VCDS and VCDS didn't recognize the device. So just curious, that probably HUGE market in Europe/Russia/Old Soviet countries - market is flooded with their fake copies of your device?
And this is why your device is so expensive, since millions in Russia just buy a fake one.
Since we actually have to develop these products from scratch rather than just copying them, we cannot compete with the copies on price.

-Uwe-

PS: I've moved these two messages to the Fake Tools thread.

Back