New User Confusion

JamieOliver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=267964
Hi, new on here tonight after my new purchase of the Hex-Net but this forum and the wiki has left me a little confused.

Wiki- Audi A5/S5/RS5 for the face lift B8.5 2013+ there is no info on these vehicles or they aren't covered in wiki, only the 2010 models but even those are greyed out and unavailable?

The forum- there are no sub categories for car types, to try and locate any information means trawling through pages and pages of different vehicles?

It looks like my car isn't covered at all in the forum or in wiki (2015 Audi RS5)? This is a bit of a disappointment after such a large financial outlay there is little to no support for my car type.

JamieOliver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=267964
I guess there's no feedback for the feedback?

After all the recommendations I'd been given for vagcom I guess I was expecting something a little different from no support for the B8.5 Audi A5 series.

How do I return my Hex-Net, it's no use on my car other than resetting faults, something a cheap code reader can do.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

JamieOliver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=267964
What doesn't it do that we promised it would?

-Uwe-

Uwe, thanks for the reply.

There is no support for the B8.5 Audi A5/S5/RS5! Ross Tech Wiki has nothing for these models of vehicle. There is nothing available to make this a useful tool. It is an incredibly expensive code reader.

If I am able to return it I still have the original packaging, it was used once for an auto scan. I purchased it to help me change codes on the ABS using for ceramic brakes but there's no support for this, I would also liked to add a few fun things, interior lighting selectable in MMI, adjust the daytime running lights LED or even enable the green menu in MMI but as said above, there is no support for this model of car so even these simple functions aren't possible.

Am I able to sell this on and the buyer keep the unlined VIN option I paid for, I have purchased a nice Peli Case to keep it protected but for my car it seems a waste of money.

Sorry if I sound like a whinger, I had high hopes for this after reading lots of good reviews so I'm left feeling very disappointed, not so much in the product, I'm sure it's excellent but I can't do anything with it as there's no guides available.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There is no support for the B8.5 Audi A5/S5/RS5! Ross Tech Wiki has nothing for these models of vehicle.
Nothing at all? I beg to differ: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A5/S5_(8T)
And of course the entire contents of the Wiki were available for your inspection before you made your purchase. Moreover, you made a pre-purchase inquiry about your brake retrofit and were explicitly told on October 27th that we don't have a procedure for that upgrade documented, and that we weren't able to guarantee that it could be done with VCDS.

That said, there seems to be a fair amount of info available on model-specific forums, some of which I see you've found.

I don't understand is why you think the fact that we don't have the information you want at hand stuff we've never done, on a car that we don't own, somehow makes our tool something less than we promised when you bought it. You can tweak all the bits and bytes. You can't do that with a "code reader". Documentation for newer cars gets added as its gathered, and importantly, verified, either by us or by users.

Am I able to sell this on and the buyer keep the unlined VIN option I paid for
The license in the product is not affected if you resell it. However, the buyer would not be a "registered user". See our FAQ entry 3.10.

-Uwe-

JamieOliver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=267964
If this is the case then I apologise Uwe, I assumed the 2007 A5 wouldn't have the same hardware installed as a 2015 model and looking in your Wiki, the 2010+ A5 which would be the nearest to my model year has been gray'd out so isn't selectable so you can understand the frustration thinking it's unsupported.

I know I asked you last year on the Ceramic coding, I did some research through the forums and several Audi forum members had sent me their codes or said to change the first two digits to a 30 from the standard 2C, these were all for different part number ABS controllers though so it didn't work out.

Back