Cheaters? Recalls? Discuss

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
How can driving a car how it's been designed to be driven be FOD?
If I had NOT driven like that when I worked for an automotive consultancy questions would have been asked...

First base........?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Your experience is different to mine, and your level of cynicism higher (very few people who know me would believe that anyone can be more cynical than me...)
I don't know you that well, but I've known Jack for a lot of years and I don't believe anyone can be more cynical than Jack when it come to VAG-related things. :D

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I don't know you that well, but I've known Jack for a lot of years and I don't believe anyone can be more cynical than Jack when it come to VAG-related things. :D

-Uwe-

When you spend your career undercover & investigating the fraud as I have, you become "cynical" to a degree & because you just can't believe.... oh now they are doing "THIS"!

THIS thread alone and the WTF Motorsports thread or fuel and Marin's oil thread.........this speaks volumes to me!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...smelly-Garbage-can-dumped-on-Motorsports!-WTF

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?7976-NOT-all-FUELS-are-created-equal!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2224-Oil

I am and have always been about doing things to the best of my ability and in some cases I don't even trust a textbook......I find errors or omissions all the time!
One thing I can tell you is........ if I don't know something, I will just say I don't know or nothing at all.
Just because it was written within a boundary to steer control the masses in such a textbook or swayed public opinion doesn't mean it is right either!

I call it being critical & with an open mind to think outside the parameter's of the "norm"......... meaning I am not normal, normal sucks and I'm not anyone's sheep or bitch either!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^ I'm a bit surprised that the Mopar 2.2 is on that list. I knew a number of people who had variants of it back in the day (including turbo-charged ones) and none of them were troublesome.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
^ I'm a bit surprised that the Mopar 2.2 is on that list. I knew a number of people who had variants of it back in the day (including turbo-charged ones) and none of them were troublesome.

Wrist pin knocks, head gaskets were so common, as were map sensor or failed distributor pickups. /\

Blazs_A4ABC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217092
Yeah, we've got our lawyers as well, but the Skoda dealership in my case, just made me sign a paper that I can't have any future demands towards them... So I can't have any legal claims just because they were the ones who made the inspection that was the main entry condition to the purchase.

Blazs_A4ABC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217092
The fact that it is a T(F)SI engine is irrelevant IMHO - the problem is deeper than that, it's caused by the totally futile "dealer inspection" being relied upon as an indication of the health (or otherwise) of the vehicle. This is why buyers in the UK are increasingly turning to an independent inspection of a potential purchase by a REAL engineer with mechanical knowledge not simply someone with limited mechanical knowledge who just happens to be keyboard savvy.

This dealership is also a Skoda workshop (99% of the cases they are combined otherwise they wouldn't be making a living out of selling cars), which should be potent enough to do an inspection. Another problem it was located far from any experts I would rely on in such situations. My previous experience with VAG inspections was very good (in a different City, a VW dealer/workshop), they just raised the red flag when they have found something and made a detailed list of findings. My bet is that my inspection has just never happened, they have just pulled the result from their asses, ticking everything to PASS... I was also checking the car myself (okay I'm an electrical engineer, dunno if that's a real engineer :D), but I just don't have X-ray eyes to see through the block and spot bad piston rings...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Now Ford:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ck-owners-claiming-diesel-engines-were-rigged

Ford Motor Co. rigged at least 500,000 heavy-duty trucks to beat emissions tests, drivers claimed in a lawsuit, adding to the tally of carmakers linked to diesel-cheating allegations worldwide that started in 2015 with Volkswagen AG.

Of course, Ford denies it:
“All Ford vehicles, including those with diesel engines, comply with all U.S. EPA and CARB emissions regulations,” Daniel Barbosa, a spokesman for Ford, said in an emailed statement. “Ford vehicles do not have defeat devices. We will defend ourselves against these baseless claims.”

:popcorn:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah ......well I had that Ford Lariat TTD truck and it blew up to kingdom come..... unmodified too with less than 50K!

Who the fuck puts injectors to leak under the VC and mix with sump oil anyway ......IDK FORD did! :banghead:

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
So what, in your opinion/experience, are some of the most reliable motors/vehicles to own ? given proper maintenance of course.

vw and/or other

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
:D

1755185.jpg

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Seems to me that VW is trying pretty hard to make amends, investing heavily in electrification.

They have much more penance to perform with me, as they have disrupted the AFT and small business's that specialize in their product, this in addition to the SMOG bullshit.

All those cars that got bought back by VAG, we won't see for repair, parts or scans........and the ones that get fixed also will to an extent.... allow the AFT to be left out.

Numbers for AFT are way off........... & that isn't just my position on the charts!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
says subscription required :x
Google the headline "What went so right with Volkswagen’s restructuring?" then click on Google's search result.

It's a pretty decent article.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yup.........money to burn............. :popcorn:
A car-making business is much like the scan-tool business; it would not be viable for long without constant product improvement, and that costs money.

Back