Status
Not open for further replies.

spook

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30525
Could anyone with a Golf Mark 7 with Discover Pro and Dynaudio soundpack please post the long coding for their 5F (Information Electrical) module? I'm trying to retrofit Dynaudio and need the coding for this as most of the 5F module on the Golf 7 is not yet mapped.

Many thanks,

S.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Could anyone with a Golf Mark 7 with Discover Pro and Dynaudio soundpack please post the long coding for their 5F (Information Electrical) module? I'm trying to retrofit Dynaudio and need the coding for this as most of the 5F module on the Golf 7 is not yet mapped.

Many thanks,

S.

Spook: Hi. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to make sense of the coding for address 5F for some time. I believe that it's currently the only control module that does not have a label file for those mk7s that have a the first generation infotainment module (i.e. MIB1).

Anyhow, I'm more than happy to share with you my amateur musings about this control module based on a database that I have complied from autoscan reports that various forum colleagues have generously provided. Please ignore the comments on the RHS of the table below-they are my uneducated (and most likely, wrong) guess at Byte/Bit function.

In regards to your specific question, I understand that the component descriptor "MU-H" is the Discover Pro unit (perhaps someone here can confirm this assertion -please)
Cheers
Don

6iQ2Sb6.png

spook

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30525
Hi Don,

Thanks very much for that, very interesting. This is a difficult one, not least because it's so hard to work out the Byte/Bit functions without knowing the specific equipment for the stated vehicles. That's why I was hoping for someone to provide the coding string for a UK car with Dynaudio, so I can directly compare the differences with my non-Dynaudio car.

Regards,

S.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I believe these 5F modules have Coding that is comprised of combinations of bits and bytes, in a way that we haven't quite seen before. In other words, in order to change one bit or byte, other interrelated ones need to be changed. We hope to have an updated version of the Long Coding Helper soon to handle that behavior, and the corresponding labels should follow.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Isn't the mk60ec1 coding similar? Option of 1byte must also be changed in another byte?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I believe these 5F modules have Coding that is comprised of combinations of bits and bytes, in a way that we haven't quite seen before. In other words, in order to change one bit or byte, other interrelated ones need to be changed. We hope to have an updated version of the Long Coding Helper soon to handle that behavior, and the corresponding labels should follow.

Andy: Any information about this intriguing control module is gratefully appreciated (thanks) and I (and I suspect many others with an MIB) look forward to the imminent release of the Long Coding Helper update.

Not entirely sure that I understand the meaning of your post (the stuff about interrelated connections between individual Byte/Bits) but down here in the very deep south, our SATNAVs constantly bombard the driver with what we euphemistically call the "nag screens". The coding in the table that I posted above confirms that you don't get these screens on NAR models, but they are messages that come-up randomly (but always before the maps are displayed). The nag screens remind the driver that he/she must obey the local road rules and that the SATNAV information should not be relied-on (it's a kind of disclaimer message- I guess) The annoying bit is that the nag screen can't be ignored because the SATNAV won't operate unless the driver acknowledges the message by pressing the OK button.

Anyhow, one of our more brilliant forum colleagues at VWW (the inestimable "Zloybob") figured-out a way of disabling the nag screens by changing the coding on a single byte in address 5F. If you look at my table above, you will notice that almost all of the Australian cars have Byte 23 set to Hex02. The tweak to disable the nag screen is to change the coding of this single Byte to Hex00 (I suspect that the My15 Sports wagon in my table had implemented this tweak prior to the autoscan). So I assume that some Bytes are stand alone - is this correct?

Cheers
Don

lala30

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=71949
byte 11 is for ( surround system or without )
Byte 11 Sound System.
- 01 - Sound system with internal amp (Base system & Audi sound system ASS)
- 02 - B&O Sound system with external amp
Bytes 04/05 Sound System Channels
- 00 00 - B&O channels are managed by the external amp so they are not coded on the HU
- FF 0A - Channel configuration for the Audi sound system (ASS)
- FF 00 - Channel configuration for the Base system

spook

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=30525
OK, so I've had a go at the retrofit of Dynaudio to my non-Dynaudio Golf 7R.

I bought a GTI second-hand interior wiring loom and extracted the Dynaudio wiring loom from it. I bought a second-hand set of Dynaudio speakers and the amp and connected them up. Plugged the optical cable into the MIB unit and put the following long coding in Module 5F:

027300010000000011111202000800001F0207F60100010057

Result: Only 2 of the 8 speakers, the front nearside door speaker and front nearside A-Pillar tweeter (plus the boot-mounted sub) work. This suggests to me that only one channel out of 4 is active. All the correct Dynaudio menus are displayed on the head unit (Discover Pro). I'm thinking that there is an error in the coding somewhere that might be preventing the MIB unit sending the full data to the amp.

Can anyone help with a long coding for a VW Golf R with Discover Pro and Dynaudio so I can compare differences to the code I entered?

PS: PLEASE Ross-Tech, can we have an updated Long Coding Helper and labels so I don't have to grope about in the dark with this !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back