ABS Module on VW UP help disabling Traction Control

blackcat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Got an 2016 Volkswagen Up! TSI and have two problems i'd like to solve.

Car has a lot of power so the traction control cuts all of the fun too soon. People here are unplugging the wheel ABS sensor to kill the ABS module so it wont interefere, but this also kills ABS and apart from being dangerous it's not a solution.

ABS module data:

SW:1S0-614-117-T
HW:1S0-614-117-T --- ABS Brakes
Component:EBC 460 MABS H26 0400
Coding:12DF24E32AF1105548A3240B54F90840580100
EV_Brake1ABSEBC460TRW 1003
EV_Brake1ABSEBC460TRW_SE12.rod

On the adaptation options for the module I got:

Engine drag torque control - activated
Roller test bench mode - activated
Starting vibration reduction - normal
Straight ahead brake stabilization - Front and rear axle activated

I suspect the Engine Drag Torque Control also plays a part on cutting the power. But when I try to disable it, the module asks me for a password wich I don't have. Tried every password I could find on google for VAG abs modules and none worked.

Also, I suspect the Traction control option is somewhere on long coding, but the helper has no data for this module. I suspect it would ask for a password too.

Any hints on what to do?

Thanks!

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
I'd look into the Euro spec Skoda Rapid as at least some variants come with a 460 MABS based ABS unit and the manual mentions a TCS button.

Assuming I'm correct, it might be as simple as finding power, ground, illumination sources for the button, running a single wire to the correct pin on the ABS unit and adding a button in the cabin.

I'd suggest you grab some wiring diagrams and part numbers and see what you can find out!

blackcat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I'll search for those diagrams!

If someone has an autoscan of an euro spec skoda rapid, or an Euro SPec up with ESP it would help!

I'd look into the Euro spec Skoda Rapid as at least some variants come with a 460 MABS based ABS unit and the manual mentions a TCS button.

Assuming I'm correct, it might be as simple as finding power, ground, illumination sources for the button, running a single wire to the correct pin on the ABS unit and adding a button in the cabin.

I'd suggest you grab some wiring diagrams and part numbers and see what you can find out!

Reactions: Uwe

blackcat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Ok found the diagrams and it seems its on pin 2.

Sourcing the button to see what happens next.

Meanwhile, found in Basic Settings on Module 03 "disable anti slip regulation".

it disabled the traction control!

BUT

Once you turn off the engine, it re-enables it again.

Any way to make it permanent perhaps? Tried doing a comparison in long coding with TC enabled and disabled but it's identical...

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
I wouldn't expect the module to allow you to make this permanent. Even with the switch installed, you need to use it to deactivate the system each time you start the car, the default is likely to be on I'm afraid.

At least with the switch you should be able to disable the system when you do want some fun without needing to plug a laptop in...

csalvarr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243709
Hello! So could you confirm it's pin 2 on the ABS Unit? Does it work like other TCS OFF buttons by sending 12v? Sorry to bring to life such an old thread but it's the same subject.

Back